PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone button lag fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
It seems to be working for me, although it only works for the red/end key. I still get lags when dialing- including pressing numbers while trying to access voicemail.
I'll keep looking for that darn registry setting. I've done countless Google searches and searched my registry for "phone" & "delay", but didn't see what I remembered changing.
I'm in the same exact boat as you. It works great for End Call. Then I thought, the key is "EndCallTime" maybe it's something like "StartCallTime" that would fix it.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I'm getting more convinced that this is because of one or more of the dialers included in the 6.1 kitchen.
I've had two calls today where the response to the button press took so long that voicemails were skipped instead of deleted and calls went to voicemail instead of being disconnected (the first was a softkey button-press and the latter was the red/end hard-key).
I'm going to have to reflash as this isn't acceptable. I just don't know if I'm going to try a different dialer or go back to WM6.0. I've had this experience with both the Bluefrog Big Button dialer and the new green WM6.1 dialer. Past experience was that the Vogue and Touch dialers broke other stuff, so I might have to try a completely different one.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON

s10onn2o is just getting started

i know on our 6800 the problam is usely the dial pad a fix that i have found on my phone is goto to the options screen for the phone and change the keypad from short or long tones to off and see if that helps yall out.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:47 AM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Changing the tones didn't make any difference for me.
So I reflashed again yesterday. I'm going to give it a few days, but it does seem better so far using a different dialer [RAF Black Silver w/HTC Smartdialing].
Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

H8tred is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to H8tred

Still working for you?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

No.
I've refllashed a few times since this- it seemed to be better with different dialers, but always seemed to get worse.
I'm now using the Diamond dialer and everything seems snappy, but I haven't finished installing everything. If I do get everything installed and setup and it gets very slow again, I'm going to start reflashing and eliminating software that could be causing conflicts, processor strain or memory loss.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Lurker

H8tred is a n00b

I was playing around with mine last night. I have the advanced configuration cooked in, and I turned my dialer skin off. I get the same lag with the built in WM 6.1 dialer. So it must be something with 6.1... If I use the keyboard, I have no problems, but it's hard to use.

It has to be something in the reg. I'll continue the search, and post any new findings...
Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

I'm having inconsistent results with my newest flash- using the Diamond dialer.
Sometimes it disconnects quickly and sometimes it is delayed by up to 15 seconds. Not as bad as previously, but still way unacceptable.

I have now found out that this dialer won't allow the use of the ## codes. Does anyone have a way of getting into EPST without it? (I've already tried running EPST.exe in Windows and it doesn't work either.)
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Lurker

internationalp is a n00b

I am also having the same trouble you described. I first upgraded the radio and the prl to the newest versions hoping that would solve it, but with no luck. My next step was going to be dialer change and reflash also but sounds like that didn't work for you. I guess I may have to go back to the 6.0 ROM I was running before, but I like the 6.1 so much better. Have you guys made any progress on yours before I spend time following the wrong path? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker

H8tred is a n00b

I haven't. If I slide the keyboard out, and guess where the number is, it works. So it's something in windows and the touch dialer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development