PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

azmp1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Few n00b questions

New here, though i have read this forum for years. So, i dug out my old xv6700 and want to upgrade to 6.1, but affraid i will mess it up.

So my first question is, is there a good set of step by step instructions startin with building a ROM and then flushing it to the device that will be understandable for a n00b?

I've tried reading the stickies but, there's just WAY to much info and threads are hella long.

Also i've installed BuilOS, but when trying to connect getting an error "Unbale to connect to server, server unavailable. user ID expired" I have the lates .NET framwork. I do understand however that BuildOS is trying to talk in port 3000 and i'm pretty sure we're blocking that port outbound (i'm at work). So my question is, can this port be changed to say port 80 somwhere in the application config?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

txpunk is a n00b
Re: Few n00b questions

I just decided to leap off the same bridge. Just cooked it about an hour ago. The best thread I found was http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14818, though it is a bit out of date. Also, I believe the latest kitchen is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20492

good luck - I am still dealing with a few issues!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

azmp1 is a n00b

Thanks! What kind of issues are you having if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

txpunk is a n00b

see my post - should be just under yours...
Old 06-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

go to ppckitchen.org for the most up to date build os/oems.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

azmp1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
go to ppckitchen.org for the most up to date build os/oems.
Yep, been there got what i needed. My problem is that i can't login to the BuildOS server to actualy start the build, i'm behind the firewall at work... I just read that you can use it without loging in, but i can't find any explanations on how to... Can some one point me to the right direction plz?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:23 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I haven't heard of building without loging in. In my Pocket PC Videos I have a video on flashing. Give it a try.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Once you have the BuildOS issues out of the way, here is the quick and skinny.

1) Put your phone into bootloader mode. Do this by holding the power button, the record button, and pushing the reset button. Note somewhere what version your bootloader is. This is VERY important.

2) Fire up BuildOS. Select your wireless carrier and your bootloader version.

3) Select what you want to install. Start small, just install some basic features. If you cram too much crap in the ROM it will cause the problems that most n00bs have.

4) Hit the play button to build the ROM and flash the phone. If you get any errors, just keep clicking ok. It should eventually work.

5) If, when all is said and done, it works then you are ready to add more stuff to your ROM. If you have bootloader 2.02 or less, you should be fine. Higher than that and you want to limit what you install as the ROM partition size is smaller. CHECK THE ROM SIZE BEFORE FLASHING! Make sure your rom isn't too big and you will have minimal isues updating your phone.

6) If you think you bricked your phone, you are wrong. Hard reset a few times. Re-flash. Reset. These usually bring it back up.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development