PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

frenchie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lenny 19213 WPA problems

I just upgraded to lenny's newest rom, but I cannot connect to my WPA-tkip network. When I click connect on my device it will try to connect for about 5 seconds then go back to available.

I've tried the WPA-TSK fix, but it isn't working.

My router is a linksys WRT54G.

Thanks for any help. I really like this new rom and I don't want to down grade.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Lenny 19213 WPA problems

Cannot verify this with 4 different apaches. Please try a reflash.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:36 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Lenny's ROMs are havig some real bugs right now, I personally think Helm's are better. You want wnt to try using this cab file here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9298 I had this problem with Helmi's first WM6 ROM an using this fixed it. Give it a try.

Edit: I didn't see that you've already tried it.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 06-17-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

frenchie is a n00b

Thanks for your response Schwartz, but I've done two flashes already and the problem remains.

I might down grade to WEP and just disable all file sharing over my wireless network.
I would still prefer to be on WPA though. I'll try some different settings. It might be the router.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

frenchie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Lenny's ROMs are havig some real bugs right now, I personally think Helm's are better. You want wnt to try using this cab file here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9298 I had this problem with Helmi's first WM6 ROM an using this fixed it. Give it a try.

Edit: I didn't see that you've already tried it.
I gave that a shot as well, but it completely disabled my ability to use wifi on the apache. So I uninstalled it and it came back.

Oh well. Lenny's ROM is great and it is really smooth running.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use WPA and it connects fine. As Does it on 3 other apaches running the same ROM. Are you using this basekit http://www.htcgeeks.com/Files/Apache...13/19213_4.exe

This is the basekit I use now and have yet to have any issues. If the new basekit doesnt work what type of router do you have? I have an N-Router and I had to change it to b\g only to get mine to work in the past wouldnt connect other wise. Ive also noticed that changing the broadcast channel sometimes helps.

Because previous versions had some issues.

Last edited by Schwartz; 06-17-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a WRT54G router and I am using Lenny's 19213_3. It is setup for WPA Personal with TKIP.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
I gave that a shot as well, but it completely disabled my ability to use wifi on the apache. So I uninstalled it and it came back.

Oh well. Lenny's ROM is great and it is really smooth running.
Yes that is right. I just flashed to WM6.1 and thought I needed that fix, When I put it on it took away all WiFi ability. I took it off and the WiFi was fully functional. I'm using Helmi's ROM.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbusch View Post
I have a WRT54G router and I am using Lenny's 19213_3. It is setup for WPA Personal with TKIP.
I forgot to mention it is working great. I have the exact same router, using the exact same settings and its working.

Last edited by tcbusch; 06-17-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

frenchie is a n00b

Hmm I'll switch it to B only and see what happens. That might do the trick.

At schwartz, I am also using that same basekit. I betcha it is a registry edit I made that is causing the problem. I'll switch some stuff around and see what happens.

Last edited by frenchie; 06-17-2008 at 11:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development