PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   RUU Stopped Working Error (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29324)

edg1931 06-15-2008 03:10 PM

RUU Stopped Working Error

I've searched the forums and posted in the kitchen thread, but no one seems to have a solid answer for me. I'm at my wits end with this as I've tried everything I can think of for 2 weeks. This is the situation:

I have Windows Vista Premium with a Verizon PPC. Ihave boatloader 1.04 and I've read that there seem to be problems with this. Well after a week of constant attempts I finally got my phone to flash up to WM 6.1. Everything is great except that HTC Home doesnt work and that's the main program I wanted from the upgade. I tried flashing again and no luck.

I've been now trying to flash for the past week and a half to get the HTC Home working, but everytime I get past the first screen when you're ready to flash it says that the RUU stopped working. I've tried everything concievable combination of driver, USB reconize, and Mobile Device Center combo, that I can think of and no luck! If anyone has any sort of expierience with this I would really really appreciate it! SOrry for posting this as a thread, but I really need help with this haha

gambatte 06-15-2008 05:03 PM

Re: RUU Stopped Working Error

Have you seen this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/window...ltimate-guide/

I'd use XP myself...

PDAPhoneJunkie 06-15-2008 07:18 PM

I'm having a problem with trying to flash to WM6.1 (Same phone details as the OP). I had to use XP and use RUU 0.04x in a WM6 kitchen. The WM6.1 don't got those though. And by the way I've tried using the MoDaCo Thread, It doesn't work. I followed his dirrections carefully too.

gguruusa 06-15-2008 09:02 PM

If you are having trouble using all of the RUU in the kitchen, the problem is you at one time flashed a rom that was too big for your 1.04/2.04/2.05 phone. This happens most often from flashing an old WM6 verizonguy rom, but can happen from other sources as well. The solution is to restore partitions using task 28 55aa, then flash a radio and a rom.

The modaco things was for an older version of MDC. It no longer applies.

PDAPhoneJunkie 06-15-2008 10:07 PM

My phone only works when using 0.04x RUU. But the WM6.1 kitchen only has standard, those and noID Don't work on my phone. And I got the phone with the newest Verizon ROM, which upgraded bootlodaer to 1.04. My ROM right now is a small rom from the WM6 kitchen. Thanks again for the help.

gguruusa 06-16-2008 02:27 AM

Read my prior post.

jalban1324 06-16-2008 12:22 PM

I had the same problem and upgrading to Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on the Vista machine resolved it.

jabu 06-16-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalban1324 (Post 316354)
I had the same problem and upgrading to Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on the Vista machine resolved it.

It's a good idea to un-install MDC 6.0 and reboot before installing MDC 6.1. I upgraded from 6 to 6.1 and had major issues copying files from my pc to my phone. I followed some good advice on the forum and did the above stated and it solved my problem. Haven't had any issues since...

gguruusa 06-16-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie (Post 315854)
My phone only works when using 0.04x RUU. But the WM6.1 kitchen only has standard, those and noID Don't work on my phone. And I got the phone with the newest Verizon ROM, which upgraded bootlodaer to 1.04. My ROM right now is a small rom from the WM6 kitchen. Thanks again for the help.

If by 0.04x RUU you mean X.04+ in the WM6 kitchen, that is the same in the WM6.1 kitchen as setting REV=1.04 and RUU=Standard. This is the third time I've told you this.

PDAPhoneJunkie 06-17-2008 02:58 AM

Okay, yes you're right. I didn't understand that, (Was leaving it at 1.00). I've loaded my phone with WM6.1 ON VISTA, and I also found a dialpad that works with the Verizon *228 update. Today is a good Day! Thanks everyone who helped with this!