PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 01:52 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bootloader 1.04 issue

Okay, I had my 6700 with a 1.00 BL. I upgraded to the original WM6 rom by Helmi. I just got a brand new one from Verizon but it appears that VZW but a new ROM, "Windows Mobile 5 with Messaging and Security Pack", this must have but bootloder 1.04 on the device. I have tried using kicthens I've tried everything. I've searched and searched. Some say BL 1.04 won't work and some say it's fine. Either way I never find any solution. SO I want to know if I can get this device BL back to 1.00 or 1.02 I tried using Helmi's WM6 BL 1.02 for Verizon with it also and no go. Tried using both Vista and XP. Please help thanks!

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Bootloader 1.04 issue

It works just fine. You need to use a different ruu for 1.04/2.04/2.05 is all. You can get the correct bootloader from: any AKU 3.3 stock carrier ROM .exe, WM6 kitchen, current kitchen.

If you want to revert to 1.00/1.02, that's possible, but I suggest you not bother. 1.00 has a little bigger ROM size, but lacks Vista compatibility. 1.02 and 1.04 aren't materially different - execpt 1.02 you can use the noid RUU.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:33 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Okay, Well I had 1.00 on my first one I Flashed just fine to Helmi's first ROMusing Vista, but when I tried to flash back to 5 using Vista it didn't work so I borrowed an XP computer. I don't want to cook any ROMs. I like the original one that Helmi released. I tied using some solutions found here for Vista RUU but that didn't work. Can you provide me with a solution to flash either the Regular Verizon WM6 without bootloader 1.02 or way to use the bootloader 1.02 found at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671 It's my favorite ROM. Thanks guys!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Okay, Well I had 1.00 on my first one I Flashed just fine to Helmi's first ROMusing Vista, but when I tried to flash back to 5 using Vista it didn't work so I borrowed an XP computer. I don't want to cook any ROMs. I like the original one that Helmi released. I tied using some solutions found here for Vista RUU but that didn't work. Can you provide me with a solution to flash either the Regular Verizon WM6 without bootloader 1.02 or way to use the bootloader 1.02 found at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671 It's my favorite ROM. Thanks guys!
v1.00 is flaky with Vista. Just say no.

You shouldn't have a problem w/ XP. If you're getting the invalid country code error, then use the No_ID RUU.

If you want to revert to 1.02, you can follow the "help for those who flashed AKU 3.3" (or something similar) thread in the parent forum.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:46 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

I tried that one already, no go. Like I stated above, 1.00 worked vith Vista perfect for me. Could you please help me get that? I'm at a dead end.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Deep Thinker

If you've flashed 1.02 and can't get it to work, then trying to flash 1.00 is a waste of your time. Where did you get the RUU you are using? What bootloader is on your phone now?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:16 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

RIght now it's 1.04 The new one I got from VZW came with a specal new ROM, do you think I might haveto unlock like the 6800 does? I've tried all RUUs
Old 06-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Deep Thinker

No you don't have to unlock. What special new ROM? You should flash using the 1.04/2.04/2.05 RUU. What error do you get when trying to flash?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Verizon instaled a "Windos Mobile 5 with Messaging and Security Pack" on some of the newest ones. I don't ant to use any kitchens a all. I can change RUU's, I want to use his first ROM. It works perfect for me. Thanks again for your help!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Okay. Well I follwed a thread from MoDaCo about updaing vista RUUs. Did then tried cooking a WM6 ROM. Tried all different RUU options. NOTHING IS WORKING WITH THIS STUPID THING. PLEASE HELP ME!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development