PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM 6.1
Carrier: Verizon

beluczywo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does Your Apache Lock Frequently?

Hi All:
Wondering if it's my hardware or software. I'm using helmi's wondeful WM6 kitchen. Randomly my phone will lock up, refuse to reboot (hang at the splash screen necessitating a hard reboot with lost data, refuse to answer an incoming call, or just run very slowly.

At times, I've thought it was any or all of the following:
claunch
SQL Server 2 (needed for a bible program I run)
WeatherPanel
TCPMP 0.81
Task Manager running on startup in the /tray mode

But there is absolutely no consistency. I've installed to device and ram, left out various combinations of options in the kitchen, tried running only kitchen software, tried stripped plain versions, I just can't get a stable device. Is this common or do you think it is just my particular hardware (verizon VX6700)?

Any way to troubleshoot or at least give me a "safe mode" so I am sure to be able to reset and not keep bricking my phone until I can spend a few hours restoring backups?

Half the time, I can't even get it to stay long enough to get through my personal configurations and get Sprite to make a clean backup.

I'm really getting frustrated -- would appreciate some help.
I truly feel like it proves the saying "standing on the shoulders of giants".
I've been in software for 20 years and I still can't see how you've done it.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Does Your Apache Lock Frequently?

That is odd. Can you post your selections text?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678

It's probably weatherpanel. I had the same problem... hard resetting every 2-3 days.

About 2 months ago I tried installing WP on my storage card rather than to the device and it's been running fine ever since.

Solved my problem... good luck.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: audiovox xv6700

pa1556 is a n00b

I have crashes where a soft reboot hangs. Pulling the battery allows a bootup without the hang. Try removing the battery next time, a hard reset is a bit extreme.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 300 (ATT Tilt 2)
Carrier: ATT

m2maynard is a n00b

HTC Home was always locking me up. I used to use safemode2 from monocube.com then disable htc home and reboot. then reenable it. worked fine for weeks then would lock up again and couldnt boot back up into the os. safemode2 saved me several times from throwing my apache out the window.

Dell Axim X5 (05/03 to 08/04
Hitachi G1000 08/04 to 11/05
PPC 6600 (Blue Angel) 11/05 to 08/06
PPC 6700 (Apache) 08/06 to 01/09
PPC 6800 (Mogul) 01/09 to 01/09
Touch Pro (Sprint) 01/09 to Current
(Dates are estimates)
Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

ive got a feeling its that task manager locking it up, i had the same problem a week ago and got so tired of it i just flashed back to wm5

mine would lock up every time my 6700 goes out of standby, or if i click the start button
Old 02-27-2008, 10:14 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

The big question is: Does it exhibit this behavior without WM6 installed? Does the OEM WM5 ROM cause the same issues?

Old 02-27-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700 & Treo 700wx

NitroSS is a n00b

mine locks up when it comes out of standby or if I lick the start button after is sat a while. it sucks. right now it has wm6 on it. I may go back to wm5
Old 02-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroSS View Post
mine locks up when it comes out of standby or if I lick the start button after is sat a while. it sucks. right now it has wm6 on it. I may go back to wm5
If this problem was posted by 300 different users I could see the need to revert to WM5. Since you are one of the few with this issue I would hang around till someone finds a solution. It may be a program or setup problem. You few that have this isuue may just need to find out if your combination of programs or setup is the same so a solution can be found for you. As I atated eary in this thread you could post your selections text and let some of us look at it.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Ditch Doctor

Nitro are you runnng weather panel?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development