PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   WM6 ROM installed on XV6700 and lotta of problems HELP!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27689)

fred_dj 05-27-2008 04:27 AM

WM6 ROM installed on XV6700 and lotta of problems HELP!!!

Hi all, it's very long story.... I spent hours trying to upgrade to WM6, then had problem with bootloader 2.05, had to downgrade to 2.02, after a series of errors , phone got stuck in Bootloader, would not take back the original ROM, i reasearched stuff, did a lot of stuff that i dont even remember what and somehow i could get the GENERIC version of the WM6 ( not the verizon which is my carrier...) the ROM upgrade gave me an error at the end, so i hard reset it and it came back alive with WM6 installed. now, there's no boot screen ( weird colors shows like a bad VGA card ), no splash screen ( pure white ) no Today screen ( white ) and no dialer, all white. i tried to install custom dialers, but nothing. now I am very afraid to try new ROMs! i almost lost the phone. Please phone GURUs help me!!!! my phone works but it's very slow and i cannot dial out !

mykroberts 06-08-2008 10:42 PM

Re: WM6 ROM installed on XV6700 and lotta of problems HELP!!!

The exact same thing happened to me. I followed all of the instructions and had all of the same problems. I too am stuck. I cannot go back and what I ahve is not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gguruusa 06-09-2008 06:33 AM

The problem is the combination of 2.04/2.05 and the ROM you flashed. In a nut shell, the ROM was "too big" for what those bootloaders allow. The "4am TV screen" is the tipoff. When the rom is too big, the data starts to overwrite the bitmap used for the splash. Unfortunately, when it's REALLY to big, it starts to overwrite other more important stuff.

If you are lucky, you can just flash a smaller rom and all will be well. If you are unlucky, do the bootloader reversion process.

Stick to the kitchen, and you can avoid a lot of these issues.

craigcochrane 06-09-2008 10:20 AM

I am having the same problem with my 6700 and need someone to point me in the right direction on how to do a bootloader reversion/flash a new rom because it will not connect for any flashing.

Edit: I can get into bootloader mode and besides that i just get a fuzzy screen and a white today screen.

ro.pezzy 06-09-2008 10:27 AM

mine either..mines is stck on splash screen.. the one with tthe lil chef on it.. hpw can i fix it?

jabu 06-09-2008 01:56 PM

Check the stickies.

tkq23111 09-16-2008 11:59 PM

would not be here if not searching ,and im here but no answer.iv posted and read still get read first where do i read lol ,id like to type in search bar and get answer but no go.

gambatte 09-17-2008 11:25 AM

OK, well here's a freebie for the bootloader downgrade sticky but first check your bootloader version to see if you have 2.04/2.05 version:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33076

"Sticky"= Look at top of forum b4 the posting section. Not a search.

Maxx134 09-22-2008 02:09 AM

Why change bootloader, you can flash roms with any bootloader with the kitchen. It is very user friendly for new users. thats the way you should go...

drmena 11-14-2009 09:59 AM

Please! ... Someone who can help me fix the ROM and Bootloader my XV6700?

Anyone who can respond to email me: danilorodriguezm@hotmail.com (only speak Spanish and understand a little English)