PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1ST WM6.1 ROM Update failed, stuck on boot screen, now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonn.burton View Post
So let me clarify. The ROM flash did not fail. It said it flashed successfully. My problem is that it doesn't boot into the new ROM, it just hangs on the bootup screen. I did put mu phone in bootloader mode but when I tried to reflash it gave me a connection error. I will try all of the suggesiton posted here and post my results. Thanks for all the help!
I understand. It is possible to build a rom that is too big, yet there is no error generated. The current rom size limit is set for the same for all bootloaders, but is only accurate for v1.00 bootloaders (the biggest possible ROM) These roms will flash, but fail to boot. Putting your phone in bootloader mode and flashing a smaller rom will usually fix the issue. In rare cases, 2.04/2.05 bootloader phones will get an Invalid contry code error, which usually is only solvable by reverting bootloader to 2.02 and using the no_id RUU.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

frenchie is a n00b

I tried this last night and got the same error.

I have the 2.02 boot loader. I ended up reflashing back to hemli's previous rom.

Is there anyway to download this rom and use it? I'd really like to be able to get rid of the texting lag.

Edit: I'm going to re download and try to flash again. Hopefully this will work.

Last edited by frenchie; 05-26-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

frenchie is a n00b

I've given up. I can't get it to flash. I've unchecked every box and it still won't let me through.

Oh well. I need to do a reflash of this anyway. Back to hemli.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You can flash helmi but not 213?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

frenchie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You can flash helmi but not 213?
Yeah weird isn't it?

I made sure nothing was included in the flash. No OEMs, no oemizer profiles,etc.

I still was not able to get past the screen :-/
Old 05-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
Yeah weird isn't it?

I made sure nothing was included in the flash. No OEMs, no oemizer profiles,etc.

I still was not able to get past the screen :-/
Are you sure you have the latest version of 213? The first version wouldn't boot, but the 5/20 version works (5/20 is what is currently available for download).
Old 05-28-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

frenchie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Are you sure you have the latest version of 213? The first version wouldn't boot, but the 5/20 version works (5/20 is what is currently available for download).
Yeah I made sure I downloaded the current build. I tried flashing a new rom with a fresh download yesterday.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox XV6700

Papachabre is a n00b

I'm having the same problem. I thought that maybe BuildOS is messing up when building the ROM. Near the bottom of the build status window it says "
Warning: Storage Partition Not found." Is this a problem? I've attached the build status from my latest build (zipped because the forum doesn't allow txt files above 19kb ). If anyone has any ideas (beyond those suggested above) I'd love to try them. I miss WM6 already
Attached Files
File Type: zip buildlog 080529-062953.zip (18.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Deep Thinker

Updated kitchens will be up soon. Probably a few days away.

Storage partition not found is normal for Apache kitchens.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800
Carrier: Sprint

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor

I also had the same problem. Flashed the ROM 5 times but it never got past the start up screen. Flashed back to Hem6.1 and works like a charm. They really need to remove that ROM and all the links, it doesn't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development