PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BuildOS and OEMizer

I cooked another ROM today. I decided to remove the programs that get updated frequently like Windows Live.
I use the HTC Touch keyboard on my 6700. The HTC Touch keyboard that is in the kitchen is much larger than the one that I use. Not sure why but its about half the size.
Anyways I decided to remove the HTC Touch keyboard checkbox from the applications section and then I added my version of the cab to OEMizer. I created the OEM and saved. I then created my Rom and loaded it on the phone. Everything was working just great. Then I noticed I forgot to add TCPMP. So I opened BuildOS, selected TCPMP, recompiled, and re-flashed the phone. The HTC Touch keypad no longer worked and I noticed the files were not installed. I reopened BuildOS, re-ran OEMizer, added HTC Touch keypad to OEMizer, recomplied, re-flashed, and everything worked.

So my question is, why do I have to re-run OEMizer every time I create a ROM? I would think that if I save my selections in BuildOS then exit and re-open it would compile the ROM the same.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Re: BuildOS and OEMizer

I have a similar problem. When I use OEMIzer for my Exchange server information, it will flash. BUT if I close Build OS, then re-open, I get an error, "Personal OEM blah blah (hex code) OEM not found." I then have to recreate the personal OEM.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You don't have to recreate it, you just have to recheck personal settings OEM again. Every time you save your settings i oemizer, it creates a new OEM and deletes the prior one - buildos needs to be told to use the new one.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Understood. I'll try that. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development