PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Maps 2 OEM

I made an OEM package for the new Google Maps software if anyone would like it. Available at http://www.imnuts.org/kitchen-oems/

Last edited by imnuts; 05-15-2008 at 12:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Sprint

50Pesos is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I made an OEM package for the new Google Maps software if anyone would like it. Available at http://imnuts.net/oems.aspx
whats does it do different that the one, just downloaded from google?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Druu is becoming a great contributor
Yeah I just got it from google not too long ago and its awesome. One of the handiest programs I have! Is this an updated one thats not available on their site?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
It's the same version, just converted from a cab to an OEM for cooking into a custom ROM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druu View Post
Yeah I just got it from google not too long ago and its awesome. One of the handiest programs I have! Is this an updated one thats not available on their site?
Yeah, it is a nice app. But - and I can't believe I'm saying this - Microsoft has really aced Google with their latest Live Search-Mobile application. It has an excellent voice recognition interface that works really well. I'm amazed how the LS-M software is processing speaker-independent voice so well on a 416 MHz processor. In addition, it seems like the LS-M interface is a bit better to use for me.

I'm a big fan of Google beatin' the tar out of Microsoft, but I'll have to concede this small battle to MS.

If you haven't tried the LS-M app yet, give it a shot! It's pretty cool!

¿GotJazz?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:39 AM
Lurker

mastercko is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
Yeah, it is a nice app. But - and I can't believe I'm saying this - Microsoft has really aced Google with their latest Live Search-Mobile application. It has an excellent voice recognition interface that works really well. I'm amazed how the LS-M software is processing speaker-independent voice so well on a 416 MHz processor. In addition, it seems like the LS-M interface is a bit better to use for me.

I'm a big fan of Google beatin' the tar out of Microsoft, but I'll have to concede this small battle to MS.

If you haven't tried the LS-M app yet, give it a shot! It's pretty cool!

¿GotJazz?
Actually, I've heard from someone in the know (works at the company that Microsoft licensed voice rec software for Sync and other projects) that what you speak in the software is actually sent to a central server where it's processed, and the interface for Live Mobile hides that intermediary step remarkably well.

Anyway, I've tried it and it really is pretty amazing. My Location owns all, though.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercko View Post
Actually, I've heard from someone in the know (works at the company that Microsoft licensed voice rec software for Sync and other projects) that what you speak in the software is actually sent to a central server where it's processed, and the interface for Live Mobile hides that intermediary step remarkably well.

Anyway, I've tried it and it really is pretty amazing. My Location owns all, though.
I'm not surprised that the MS-L app sends it up to a centralized server/processor. I was actually suspecting that was the case, considering how well it worked.

I tried the "My Location" feature in GM, and it doesn't work from my house. I guess I'll have to keep trying ...

Update: "My Location" doesn't seem to be working at all on my XV6700. I tried it all over town. BUMr.

Last edited by ?GotJazz?; 12-25-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

Fresh2Death is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fresh2Death Send a message via Yahoo to Fresh2Death
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercko View Post

very much agreed
previous owned phones - Apache 6700, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, Nexus One - current phone in use : Nexus One
Old 05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
Re: Google Maps 2 OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
Update: "My Location" doesn't seem to be working at all on my XV6700. I tried it all over town. BUMr.

I have the same experience. I thought I read that My Location was supposed to work on the 6700. I haven't figured out if this is a GM problem, a Verizon issue, or an issue with Gm 2.0 on the 6700 just under WM6.1.

Does anyone have the My Location working with GM 2.0 under any rev of WM on the verizon XV6700?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Threadstarter

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Google Maps 2 OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks View Post
Does anyone have the My Location working with GM 2.0 under any rev of WM on the verizon XV6700?
I think that My Location is a GSM only feature at the moment, so it's not going to work on the 6700

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development