PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   HTC Home loaded in kitchen, absent on Today screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26723)

rshepard 05-16-2008 11:04 AM

HTC Home loaded in kitchen, absent on Today screen

I've almost got my ROM completely setup from the 6.1 kitchen, except for one LAST thing holding me up. I selected the HTC Home component to be built into my ROM, and have the Today options to show some portion of it made it, but the component itself is not on my Today screen. It is selected under Today items and all HTC Home tabs are checked.

I read an entry talking about the need for an additional font or icon set needed in the BuildOS selections which may be needed in order to render the images but I don't know what set specifically. I've got the Cube 3D working with FtouchFlo and will call this build complete when I get this working.

Also, I've downloaded a cab install for HTC Home ver 2.1.1005.722 and a configuration tool as well installed it, but I get the same result. No matter what I do I can't get the plugin to engage.

Any assistance with getting it working or in cooking the ROM correctly to get this final GUI component working is appreciated.

Thanks

rshepard 05-16-2008 04:23 PM

Re: HTC Home loaded in kitchen, absent on Today screen

OK. I just baked a new ROM with the Icon Sets. Loaded and hard reset and still no HTC Home showing.

On top of that, I left my freakin SD card in it's slot in my haste and totally wiped it. damnit. :(

I'm gonna give up for now on the HTC Home. If anyone ever figures this out, let me know.

mikeklemz 05-16-2008 05:20 PM

uhh, i've never taken out my card when flashing the rom, and it's never been touched at all.. are you sure you picked the right (sd or sdhc) settings in the kitchen?

oh, and make sure you're using the 2.1.1005.722 version of htc home not the 2_10_18133827 version. Also, remember to pick an icon set (i prefer the color set..)

Although it says it's not suggested for Apache, I also use the Htc Home Customizer to change the clock, icons, etc..

Moral is: It works fine for me with the older version of htc home.

Let me know,

MK

d1gw33d 05-16-2008 05:33 PM

I had the exact problem. I'd have an HTC Home tab in the Today settings but it wouldn't display.

I flashed 3x trying different combo's of the HTC options.. 4th time was the charm when the ONLY HTC home option I selected was HTC Home. No icon set etc. Now it works fine.

rshepard 05-17-2008 01:06 AM

Total NOOB screwup. By pointing me to the specific version, and by telling to not choose too many options I found my error. I had apparently chose both HTC Home Versions and didn't realize it. So I selected just the 2.1.... version instead of the 2.10... along with the color icons, and IT WORKED. The HTC Home and the Cube 3D interface on the Apache were my reason toward upgrading the phone. Now I got it. What a rookie mistake. I learned and actually played around and did some baking this time. Live and LEARN.

This phone totally ROCKS NOW!!! All the HTC Stuff is working. I really can't believe the rebirth of this phone because of you guys and this forum. I've fixed my MMS issues with the *22899 update. Upgraded the radio firmware, and now the OS and Interface. It's incredible. A donation is on the way. SO WORTH IT.

My SD card data didn't get lost afterall. One minute the SD card had nothing on it, Today Screen Meter showed like 24 MB of 2 Gigs used. I checked a little later everything was there. WIERD. I have no idea other than to say it was some odd glitch. Thankfully it's back!!

ALL HELP is Appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Schwartz 06-03-2008 10:39 AM

You guys are having problems because there are remnets of the old kitchen on your HD. You need to uninstall the kitchen, manually delete all folders for it out of program files, and reinstall everything will then work great.