PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   G'Reloc (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25685)

turbochris 05-04-2008 07:52 PM

G'Reloc

What is the deal with this G'Reloc? G'reloc cant find a file in C:\documents and settings\"user name"\application data\HIq inc\9.05.2.7temp\temp\dump\.rom\s000.

Where is this "s000." file supposed to come from?

2 different PC's, 2 different Apachies, multiple downloads of buildOS

Why can't I have a wm6.1 PPC?

turbochris 05-04-2008 09:19 PM

Re: G'Reloc

I guess it just wasn't meant to be. 10 hours later and I got it working but no WIFI. Tried 3 times to fix the WIFI and I guess it's back to WM6.0 for me. Damn, I really like some of the stuff they put in there. great job guys, keep at it!

gguruusa 05-04-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbochris (Post 271484)
I guess it just wasn't meant to be. 10 hours later and I got it working but no WIFI. Tried 3 times to fix the WIFI and I guess it's back to WM6.0 for me. Damn, I really like some of the stuff they put in there. great job guys, keep at it!

What problem with Wifi?

And how did you get past your G'Reloc problem?

turbochris 05-05-2008 07:55 PM

There's no sign of wifi turning on. I never get the little antenna in the top taskbar when I turn wifi on using the 10 button com manager or anything else that normally turns wifi on. I flashed back to wm6.0 and everyting works fine. I got past g'reloc simply by acknolodging the error that pops uo and then closing out the g'reloc window that comes up next.

WTF am I missing?

gguruusa 05-05-2008 10:52 PM

You're probably not missing anything. You had a build error, and there's no telling what all is not right as a result (depends on where the error occurred and what you have selected). I don't know what causes the G'Reloc error - wish I could replicated it. I recommend extracting the .rars and seeing if you get a greloc error when the files aren't .rared. If you don't know the details of how to do this, find someone in the chat room to walk you through it. If you succeed in getting past G'Reloc without error, please post what you did.

BottleNeck 05-24-2008 08:22 AM

Problem comes randomly on different files. Same with unpacked rars.
I getting past G'Reloc without errors when I unloaded firewall (comodo), antivirus (drweb), and many other applications from memory.

gguruusa 05-24-2008 06:40 PM

firewall shouldn't be causing a problem, but antivirus may.

t1M0vkny 06-26-2008 12:50 PM

I am having the G'Reloc problem that a number of other users have had - has anyone figured a way around it?

I get the cannot find the following file message:
C:\documents and settings\"user name"\application data\HIq inc\9.05.2.7temp\temp\dump\.rom\s000.

Rescu2000 06-26-2008 05:06 PM

I noticed on mine that if I click "goforit" on the box that pops up an error shows up in the status window. It has a filename and path and says it can't find the file. BUT, it also has one too many backslashs in the filename path. Could this be the root cause?
Rescu2000

gguruusa 06-26-2008 08:40 PM

No. It's some form of extraction issue with the .rar, by all appearances.