PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Wisbar & WisBar Desktop - Any one get these to work? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25187)

Gervy 04-28-2008 05:36 PM

Wisbar & WisBar Desktop - Any one get these to work?

A bit off topic, but anyone able to get these to work (specifically Desktop).
It seems no matter how hard I try, none of the themes I install work right.

GErvy

Trident 04-29-2008 08:49 PM

Re: Wisbar & WisBar Desktop - Any one get these to work?

Do you mean work with 6.1 or as an OEM for the Kitchen?
I've been using WA3 with no problems with 6.1 for a while. But as far as I know, none of the WA2 OEMs that were created worked perfectly- and since the updates were more frequent than ROM updates, it usually ended up that there were two installations of the program on the device anyway.

I never had any success with WAD without extreme lag, so I haven't used that in a while.

Gervy 04-30-2008 03:08 PM

Naaa... I bought both and use them as standard installations (and I'm running 6.0).
I can't seem to get ANY themes to work right. Tried following directions from both the Wisbar FAQ and forum, and from the theme makes themselves (off DeviantArt). Nothing works right. Especially for WAD, where I get a blank blue screen and hollow icon borders where icons ought to be.

I won't ask for a refund, as it's not worth my time for $10, but this sucks that there see,m to be some awesome themse out there, but none seem to work.

Argggg....

Success100 04-30-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gervy (Post 267001)
Naaa... I bought both and use them as standard installations (and I'm running 6.0).
I can't seem to get ANY themes to work right. Tried following directions from both the Wisbar FAQ and forum, and from the theme makes themselves (off DeviantArt). Nothing works right. Especially for WAD, where I get a blank blue screen and hollow icon borders where icons ought to be.

I won't ask for a refund, as it's not worth my time for $10, but this sucks that there see,m to be some awesome themse out there, but none seem to work.

Argggg....

for wisbar desktop, any themes need to be loaded into the "themes" folder in the "my device" view of file explorer.

wa3 themes should go in the lakeridge folder under "program files" view. also make sure yOU have the latest versions of both programs as previous versions has bugs with loading themes.

Gervy 04-30-2008 04:47 PM

Welll... I'll try again. Can't hurt.

sportster44 04-30-2008 10:15 PM

I always found that pre-made themes for WAD were hit and miss. Always needed tweaking to associate with my apps and where I put the icons.

BTW WA3 themes don't need to be in main memory, I run all of mine from SD and just navigate to the desired folder.

Trident 04-30-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportster44 (Post 267571)
I always found that pre-made themes for WAD were hit and miss. Always needed tweaking to associate with my apps and where I put the icons.

BTW WA3 themes don't need to be in main memory, I run all of mine from SD and just navigate to the desired folder.

WA2 themes ran from the card also.
But my experience has been that putting the current theme in main memory leads to much less lag time, almost no hesitation and less frequent errors.
I've heard the same thing about WAD- it's a more "personal" experience. :drunken: