PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wisbar & WisBar Desktop - Any one get these to work?

A bit off topic, but anyone able to get these to work (specifically Desktop).
It seems no matter how hard I try, none of the themes I install work right.

GErvy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Wisbar & WisBar Desktop - Any one get these to work?

Do you mean work with 6.1 or as an OEM for the Kitchen?
I've been using WA3 with no problems with 6.1 for a while. But as far as I know, none of the WA2 OEMs that were created worked perfectly- and since the updates were more frequent than ROM updates, it usually ended up that there were two installations of the program on the device anyway.

I never had any success with WAD without extreme lag, so I haven't used that in a while.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Gervy is a n00b

Naaa... I bought both and use them as standard installations (and I'm running 6.0).
I can't seem to get ANY themes to work right. Tried following directions from both the Wisbar FAQ and forum, and from the theme makes themselves (off DeviantArt). Nothing works right. Especially for WAD, where I get a blank blue screen and hollow icon borders where icons ought to be.

I won't ask for a refund, as it's not worth my time for $10, but this sucks that there see,m to be some awesome themse out there, but none seem to work.

Argggg....
Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Naaa... I bought both and use them as standard installations (and I'm running 6.0).
I can't seem to get ANY themes to work right. Tried following directions from both the Wisbar FAQ and forum, and from the theme makes themselves (off DeviantArt). Nothing works right. Especially for WAD, where I get a blank blue screen and hollow icon borders where icons ought to be.

I won't ask for a refund, as it's not worth my time for $10, but this sucks that there see,m to be some awesome themse out there, but none seem to work.

Argggg....
for wisbar desktop, any themes need to be loaded into the "themes" folder in the "my device" view of file explorer.

wa3 themes should go in the lakeridge folder under "program files" view. also make sure yOU have the latest versions of both programs as previous versions has bugs with loading themes.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Gervy is a n00b

Welll... I'll try again. Can't hurt.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sportster44 is just getting started

I always found that pre-made themes for WAD were hit and miss. Always needed tweaking to associate with my apps and where I put the icons.

BTW WA3 themes don't need to be in main memory, I run all of mine from SD and just navigate to the desired folder.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:27 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster44 View Post
I always found that pre-made themes for WAD were hit and miss. Always needed tweaking to associate with my apps and where I put the icons.

BTW WA3 themes don't need to be in main memory, I run all of mine from SD and just navigate to the desired folder.
WA2 themes ran from the card also.
But my experience has been that putting the current theme in main memory leads to much less lag time, almost no hesitation and less frequent errors.
I've heard the same thing about WAD- it's a more "personal" experience.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development