PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   How to changing ROM version and ROM date? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24939)

bmb2n 04-25-2008 04:26 PM

How to changing ROM version and ROM date?

Does anyone know how to change the ROM version and ROM date using the kitchen or the nk.nbf? I tried the oemversion xml file but it did not have any effect. The ROM version is viewabe during soft reset or under Device Information.

pvs 06-03-2008 11:49 AM

Re: How to changing ROM version and ROM date?

I'd love to know this as well. been looking all over the web these past few days, but every time I see the question posted, it always lacks answers :(

Can somebody please chime in here and provide some insight?

Thanks so much,
-pvs

gguruusa 06-04-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmb2n (Post 260617)
Does anyone know how to change the ROM version and ROM date using the kitchen or the nk.nbf? I tried the oemversion xml file but it did not have any effect. The ROM version is viewabe during soft reset or under Device Information.

There are serveral different version numbers... One is in the .nbh header (what you see in RUU), another is in the XIP (what you see on reset and 1st number in about), another is in (some module in SYS) (2nd number in about).

pvs 06-04-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 304388)
There are serveral different version numbers... One is in the .nbh header (what you see in RUU), another is in the XIP (what you see on reset and 1st number in about), another is in (some module in SYS) (2nd number in about).

Thanks a lot, gguruusa ... I'll keep on looking. I can easily change the Version, but getting at the DATE is another story. Good thing there are other things keeping me busy with cooking ... if everything was as evasive as the ROM Date, I think I'd find a different hobby ;)

-pvs

ivan1.ruiz 12-15-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvs (Post 304534)
Thanks a lot, gguruusa ... I'll keep on looking. I can easily change the Version, but getting at the DATE is another story. Good thing there are other things keeping me busy with cooking ... if everything was as evasive as the ROM Date, I think I'd find a different hobby ;)

-pvs

changing the date on the device info screen.

1. Go to HKLM\Software\OEM
2. Create new 'String' value named "ROMDate" (please dont put the quotes)
3. In date field type the date that u want like 12/15/2008
4. save and soft reset.

gguruusa 12-16-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz (Post 580553)
changing the date on the device info screen.

1. Go to HKLM\Software\OEM
2. Create new 'String' value named "ROMDate" (please dont put the quotes)
3. In date field type the date that u want like 12/15/2008
4. save and soft reset.

Never crossed my mind to set that as part of the build until just now. I'll make it part of the next release.