PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Vibrating Dial Pad

So, the Vibrating Dial Pad is great. But, why does it play one of my notification sounds when in-call? Example. I dial the number and I get the vibration. When I enter the code for my voice mail, I get one of the reminder sounds played with each button press.

I searched for Vibrating Dial Pad but found nothing on the problem. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Vibrating Dial Pad

I had installed vidration into keypad long ago so I dunno if it is the same.

My experience is that when you don't have sounds and the OS calls for a sound other than tone, like when pressing more than the entry calls for, it ends up using a system default sound.
Also one time I had a problem where an automated machine needed to hear the tone, so I was not able to access the service, so I switched back to tones.

I would like to have option of both tone & buzz though.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

That's odd. I don't think that this modification actually changes the output of the DTMF tones over the line. I thought it was just for user feedback.

As for playing a default sounds in the event that something is missing, that helps a bit. I could probably find what I'm looking for in the registry then.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I noticed this too. I changed dial pads, I think to the Vogue dial pad (not sure - cooking PC is not here) and the keypress sounds changed from the reminder tone to DTMF tones. Weird...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6700

MarkMoore is a n00b

When I cooked my ROM, I added the Vibrating Dial Pad, but now all the sudden it's not working. Does anyone know how I can turn it back on.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I found the setting in the registry to change the in-call keypad sound. Messing with it locked my phone temporarily. I can't change it to *vibrate*.

Anyone else tried and/or had success with this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development