PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Lurker

Anasazi775 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with SiriusWM5 / WMP with WM6.1

Hi all,

Was using the wm6 kitchen before and never had a problem with using SiriusWM5 with WMP. I recently upgraded to using the 6.1 kitchen and saw that the SiriusWM5 app could now be added in the kitchen. So I added it, installed my rom, and set it up. It can't use TCPMP because it can only look where its supposed to be installed or the MemCard so when I try to use that it doesn't even launch - this never worked before anyways. But now when I try to use WMP with it, everytime I launch a station I get:

"The data area p***** to a system call is too small."

The error comes from WMP, so it seems like the problem is with that, not SiriusWM5. The SiriusWM5 version is older, but I cannot upgrade to the latest one on their site because I cooked it into the ROM. Saw some posts on this on other forums, but no solution.

Anyone else ever run into this before?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problem with SiriusWM5 / WMP with WM6.1

I have been running SiriusWM5 / WMP with WM6.1 for a while now. It works good. I did not cook it into the ROM, I installed it manually. There are a few programs that I intentionally left out of my ROM. There is a good chance that SiriusWM5 will need to be upgraded in the near future if Sirius changes their captcha. SiriusWM5 is also a very small program so it doesn't take up much room. I also kept Mortscipt, rlToday, WeatherPanel, Live search, and a couple other out as well.

EDIT** I just noticed SiriusWM5 is not an option in my Kitchen, maybe i need to download it again??

Last edited by tcbusch; 04-19-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Anasazi775 is a n00b
Re: Problem with SiriusWM5 / WMP with WM6.1

Nevermind. I realized that I had it in the UserOEM folder as a holdover from before. I ended up cooking another ROM without SiriusWM5 and without TCPMP in it and installed them both manually. Now Sirius works with WMP, which is good enough for me.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development