PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Cannot receive calls after upgrading (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24009)

Ropeguru 04-13-2008 10:09 PM

Cannot receive calls after upgrading (Fixed, I think)

Anyone else having this issue? I have tried multiple different combinations of programs in my ROM and nothing seems to fix this. When someone calls my phone never rings. Likewise, if I have voicemail messages, I do not get the notification until after I have initiated an outgoing call. Have the latest updates to the new kitchen.

Robert

P.S. - Guess I should mention that I am using the newest kitchen with WM6.1.

SBR_L3GION 04-13-2008 10:12 PM

Re: Cannot receive calls after upgrading

did you record your msid and your esn. and make sure that they match that.

Ropeguru 04-14-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION (Post 249063)
did you record your msid and your esn. and make sure that they match that.

No, I did not. Where should I enter those once I upgrade??

Guess I should have mentioned also that this is on Verizon. Also, when I go through Verizon's provisioning, *228 then option 1, it goes through like it should and I can place calls just fine.

robmayer 04-14-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropeguru (Post 249061)
ANyone else having this issue? I have tried multiple different combinations of programs in my ROM and nothing seems to fix this. When someone calls my phone never rings. Likewise, if I have voicemail messages, I do not get the notification until after I have initiated an outgoing call. Have the latest updates to the new kitchen.

Robert

P.S. - Guess I should mention that I am using the newest kitchen with WM6.1.

Make sure your phone wasn't accidentally switched to EVDO only. Go to START > SETTINGS > PHONE > MODE OF OPERATION and make sure "Hybrid" is checked. If not... check it, click ok and restart.

Ropeguru 04-14-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robmayer (Post 249443)
Make sure your phone wasn't accidentally switched to EVDO only. Go to START > SETTINGS > PHONE > MODE OF OPERATION and make sure "Hybrid" is checked. If not... check it, click ok and restart.

Nope.. It is set as hybrid and I can transfer data via EVDO and when making a call it switches to 1X.

I had to go ahead and flsh back to a WM5 version in order to start receiving calls again.

Ropeguru 04-14-2008 04:39 PM

So I was browsing through my options in the kitchen and came across one I had for some reason checked named "Phone Boost" by the colonel. Removing this, rebuilding the ROM and then reflashing fixed my issue. Have not tried building it back in to see if the problem comes back.