PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Issues with WM6 on apache PPC6700 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23508)

lfyllarra 04-07-2008 02:58 PM

Issues with WM6 on apache PPC6700

I recently updated to WM6 rom in spanish on my ppc6700 and it´s great, however, there are some details or problems I have since then:

SMS: When receive in the line where should be the name or the phone number of the person sending the msg, what I get is the first word of the message. For example on a message that says "I´m ready" it shows: "From: I´m. and the message itself is "ready".

Align screen: when I try to do it, the cursor doesn´t move when I tap on it and the device doesn´t get any comand. I have to soft reset.

Keybord: I have many caracters mixed on my qwerty keybord. For example, the ? caracter is not the one on the keybord.

Sounds: I like the sound of the taps on the screen so I checked the box in "sounds and notifications/taps on screen/soft", but dont get any sound

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this. My rom es WM6 in spanish, not the 6.1 version

edufur 04-07-2008 03:42 PM

Re: Issues with WM6 on apache PPC6700

start with a hard reset and dont allow the carrier customizations to run... i know that is what is causing your SMS problem... see if it clears any of the other up. after the hard reset, you will see a 3 second countdown that it is about to install carrier customizations, you have to soft reset ON that message before the countdown completes.

lfyllarra 04-08-2008 03:35 AM

Thanks edufur I´ll try that and get back to share the results.

lfyllarra 04-09-2008 01:16 AM

It worked!.. thanks a lot.. And I also find out the reason for the non alignment of the screen wich was the "FTouchFlo config". I have to disable it for alignment.. if enable it doesnt align.

nerys 05-14-2008 10:17 PM

What about sending contacts via BT TO the 6700 once on wm6 ? it will not work for me but worked fine on stock rom. I can pair them. I can browse the PPC 6700's shared folder from my sanyo phone but I can not send the contacts over. It says Connection Failed Device Not Found. It also will not accept a contacts send from my palm zodiac either. It sounds like some services did not get installed. How do I fix this? thanks!

Daved 05-17-2008 12:10 PM

Does the WM6 rom in Spanish you used have an spanish dictionary?

Where did you download it from?

CMDR6 05-17-2008 10:02 PM

I flashed the WM6 on my 6700 and it works fantastic (got it right after a couple tries!), now I am helping a friend with his and we keep getting a Error 201: Get Device Data Error during the devise software update utility check. what am I doing wrong?, his phone has the 3.14.30 WWV Rom version and the 2.05 bootloader, thanks a million