PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 08:54 AM
p43
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

p43 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: Is there a tutorial for installing WM6.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
They should all be self-explanatory and/or preset by your kitchen, except for REV. For the Apache, REV should be set to your bootloader version (power+notes+reset, hold for 2 seconds, read the version # off the dark screen using a bright light)
Thanx, It's an Apache. “Rev” was what I was curious about, it’s what I thought it was, “RUU” set to standard and carrier is set to “No I can’t hear you now”
Old 05-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola Q9c
Carrier: Sprint

tristang is a n00b
Re: Is there a tutorial for installing WM6.1?

Hi all. I've been messing arount with the kitchen. I keep down down sizing to make the rom fit. I do want the other programs though. I had a miniSD card in the phone, but no programs were installed there. Is there a way to have the rom install programs onto the miniSD card? Or is there a way to export CAB's out of the kitchen for individual progam installation? Thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristang View Post
Hi all. I've been messing arount with the kitchen. I keep down down sizing to make the rom fit. I do want the other programs though. I had a miniSD card in the phone, but no programs were installed there. Is there a way to have the rom install programs onto the miniSD card? Or is there a way to export CAB's out of the kitchen for individual progam installation? Thanks.
I don't know exactly how to do it, but there is a program that installs from OEM's; another user will have to answer the What and Where, because I don't know those answers. There is a way to automatically install programs, to your storage card. I would suggest that you instead, just unlock and empty your EXT ROM. Then, put all of the apps you wanna install, in there. It holds a good amount of data, about 9.5MB of files. I hold my personal files there, like registration and forum logins there. So, you need to unlock and un-hide your storage card, and then empty it, and put the program installs there. After you are finished installing your programs, just hide the storage card, and you are done. They will always be there after a hard-reset, though if you hide it, it will need to be un-hidden again.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristang View Post
Hi all. I've been messing arount with the kitchen. I keep down down sizing to make the rom fit. I do want the other programs though. I had a miniSD card in the phone, but no programs were installed there. Is there a way to have the rom install programs onto the miniSD card?
No. Maybe next version.
Quote:
Or is there a way to export CAB's out of the kitchen for individual progam installation? Thanks.
No. They aren't .cabs in the kitchen. In most cases, the .cabs can be found by utilizing the homepage link (right click the oem name). If you save the .cab to you miniSD or ext rom partition, you can then run them from your ppc. If you save them in /boot (on sd or extrom) and install Tautoinstall, you'll be presented a checklist of your .cabs to install on first boot.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

I had systematicly an error message saying rom too big. I had to strip it down completely to be be able to make it. now how am i suppose to add all these programs? should i reflash with just different sofware each time and they will add-up?
Old 08-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No, they will not "add up". You will only get what you cooked in that ROM. All the programs in the kitchen are free/shareware and the cabs should be available. Google them.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
I had systematicly an error message saying rom too big. I had to strip it down completely to be be able to make it. now how am i suppose to add all these programs? should i reflash with just different sofware each time and they will add-up?
What bootloader do you have. If you have 2.05 then it will nt hold as much.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development