PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: VZW

bitbrat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any help - problems with 6.1

Sorry guys - I have searched, maybe not for the right things.... must be a conflict somewhere... trying to build 6.1 rom - WM6 worked great BTW

Apache, boot 1.02, radio 1.41, tried all kinds of combinations - things are REALLY slow, esp. threaded SMS - never used it before, but i like it, however, i will ditch it if I can get some performance back - tried setting diff. pagepool sizes as rec. by some guys on chat.

HTC home tends to start things then flash back to today screen, random DSOD type lockups when screen allowed to timeout , esp. after sending a text.

So am I doing it wrong, or is my beloved Apache just dying??
Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Any help - problems with 6.1

You're doing something wrong. Most likely, you've loaded something not compatible w/ WM6.1.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well, that's what I figured, but how can i load something incompatible if all I have installed is stuff that is in the kitchen? - This is all happening before i start any real customization.

On a more positive note - increasing my pagepool to 8 (default was 7) has improved matters considerably..... still testing
Old 04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

spoke too soon - this has got to be incompatibility issues
Old 04-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Incompatiblity may be the mix of things you've picked. Generally, cut down on the quantity of Today screen items and memory pigs to improve stability. Without your selections.txt file, it's hard to give you decent advice.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sorry, I realise that - I will try to post one of them. I have been trying all sorts of things tho.

Is it possible I am experiencing a hardware problem? Maybe a memory issue? The working/non-working bits seem to be very random, though they are consistant for any given ROM, they are not the same from flash to flash.... Also is there a way to test this? I can't remember, but maybe a memory test tool? Here's one of my selection files:-
(I would upload the build file but it's too big for the forum)
Attached Files
File Type: txt trying to be clean 0403.txt (3.7 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bitbrat; 04-04-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OK - Assume I am in a lot more trouble - phone won't boot any more - locked up this PM - battery went flat, now i can't get it past the first flash screen, and if I try to hard reset, it gives the Press Y to clear msg, but when I try to push the Y button, it white screens!

I guess i am truly f***ed
Old 04-05-2008, 03:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

flashed back to stock per colonel, but without the bootloader upgrade - but I am still having troubles.... clearly there is something weird going on....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development