PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   slow typing wm 6.1 threaded sms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23175)

waspie 04-03-2008 11:35 AM

slow typing wm 6.1 threaded sms

I'm having problems using the threaded sms in wm 6.1
I have a fairly standard install going and when i'm using the hardware keyboard if i type with any sort of speed, many of the letters im hitting aren't showing up and words/letters are slow to appear on the screen. is anyone able to shed some light on this?

waspie 04-03-2008 11:47 AM

Re: slow typing wm 6.1 threaded sms

seems to be related to autocomplete.

Rufus 04-03-2008 12:45 PM

I noticed this too. I just got my 6700 replaced and I was about to take it back and get it replaced again! Then I loaded the WM5 rom with the Threaded SMS that I like and it resolved my problem. I am looking in to going to 6.1 still.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you other than "no, you're not crazy, I am seeing this as well"

I will probably be working on my phone a lot this weekend, and I'll update you if I figure anything out.

digit 04-03-2008 01:56 PM

Go into Input options in Settings and set it to not suggest words immediately. I experienced this, but when I set it to suggest after 3 letters instead of immediately, the issue went away.

waspie 04-03-2008 02:51 PM

3 letters, ill try that. thanks

vishalsheth 04-04-2008 03:33 AM

I'm facing the same problem. The autocomplete is on but I'm not using it. When I type everything, there are alphabets that are not typed or wrong alphbets come up. At times the words are lost or appear after some time.

the18thtee 04-05-2008 02:40 PM

Ok, so i can only assume that in this thread "autocomplete" is referring to the word suggestion/completion. Assuming that is the case, the solution to all of your problems is to uncheck the box that says "suggest words when entering text." If you must have those words being suggested then I would recommend setting the "suggest after entering" to 3 at the lowest but 4 ideally. In addition, setting the number of words to suggest to no more than 3, can cause a slight improvement.
Auto Correct is not the cause to the problem because all it does is capitalize first letters and insert apostrophes, etc. It does cause a tiny amount of lag so, if you are wanting to max out your typing speed then uncheck that box too, but its safe for most users leave checked.

as.forum 04-23-2008 10:40 AM

Hmm.. Any updates?

fastevolutionviii 04-23-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the18thtee (Post 241553)
Ok, so i can only assume that in this thread "autocomplete" is referring to the word suggestion/completion. Assuming that is the case, the solution to all of your problems is to uncheck the box that says "suggest words when entering text." If you must have those words being suggested then I would recommend setting the "suggest after entering" to 3 at the lowest but 4 ideally. In addition, setting the number of words to suggest to no more than 3, can cause a slight improvement.
Auto Correct is not the cause to the problem because all it does is capitalize first letters and insert apostrophes, etc. It does cause a tiny amount of lag so, if you are wanting to max out your typing speed then uncheck that box too, but its safe for most users leave checked.

Agreed that this is the best resolution IMO... for now anyways.

Verix 04-23-2008 11:11 AM

I had the same problem, and turned off autocomplete, and it solved it.