PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Can't turn on Data connection (wm6.1 w/the kitchen)

I flashed my Xv6700 with the kitchen, and selected the 10 button com manager (as I did before), when select data connection or Microsoft Direct push, it does nothing. I've tried reseting and rebooting, etc but, it still wont work.

Did I miss something on the build ? (otherwise that, everything else seems fine)
Old 04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

digit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Can't turn on Data connection (wm6.1 w/the kitchen)

They're not supposed to. Those are there to notify you if EVDO or Direct Push are running, and turn them off if you want.

Also, a question: have you tried using MMS yet?

In Soviet Russia, the ROM flashes you!

Thanks, Helmi_c, and the rest of PPCGeeks--you rock!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
They're not supposed to. Those are there to notify you if EVDO or Direct Push are running, and turn them off if you want.

Also, a question: have you tried using MMS yet?
Corrent me if I am wrong, but, I have always used the com manager (Wireless manager), to turn on Wi-Fi or set flight mode, etc. Maybe we are thinking about a different thing ?

I have always gone in there to turn on Wi-fi or Data Connection.

I have not setup MMS (I assume your talking about mail push, I do sync with a exchange server), yet. I have been doing some tests with the builds and adding one thing at a time to figure out the battery issues.

I will be adding one more thing to my lists, and reflashing again (testing), I'll post back if that helps.

Any idea other wise ?

If your not to use the Com manager to turn on the data connection, how do you actually turn it on ?

Last edited by DavidinCT; 04-03-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

After I setup exchange active sync, the Data connection button works again. Just wondering, if I didn't use exchange active sync, how do you turn on the Data connection ?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

digit is a n00b

For me, data automatically connects whenever something wants to get on the Internet (push mail, MMS, Internet Explorer, etc.)
Old 04-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
After I setup exchange active sync, the Data connection button works again. Just wondering, if I didn't use exchange active sync, how do you turn on the Data connection ?
I've got 6 running and I can only turn off data connection with the 10 button com manager. So you set up exchange active sync? Is that different from AS on the phone? I have sync set up already but no way to turn on by button. I do: Start>Settings>Connection Tab>Connections>add new modem connection (to make a cellular connection, I think the Verizon number is #777). Once you have made the connection, go to manage existing connections, tap and hold selected connection with stylus, and connect option should come up.

Edit: Just checking my phone and data connection was already there so just go to manage existing connections first. I made a dialup connection to my ISP with the new modem connection selection.

Yes, this is much more difficult than WM5 where you could click the phone icon, I think, and start the connection. I don't have unlimited data plan so I don't coonect very often!

Last edited by gambatte; 04-05-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
I don't have unlimited data plan so I don't coonect very often!

You should check out a program called No Data. It allows you to turn off the data totally. Not sure if you know about it. I dont have data plan either and I use that so I dont accidentally hop on the internet while in my pocket of something. Or a program automatically updating that I didnt realize.

As far as the data connection.
I have sprint so Im not exactly sure. I have seen an option in one of the tweaks programs to be able to turn data and phone on at the same time in verizon. From what I have heard on here is that you cant have the data and phone connection going at the same time. Try to turn off the phone in comm manager then try to connect to data. Or you could look for the registry edit that the program toggles for you. Its around this forum somewhere is one of the registy hack threads.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks, so far my 6700 hasn't tried too much to go on the data connection by itself. I keep close track of it. Sometimes, I do need to connect to the EVDO so I haven't resorted to turning off the data plan completely. Apparently, VZW can disable it as well.
It was much quicker to turn on and off in WM5 with the phone icon, though....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development