PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone permanently sleeping

OK guys. I've read how fast these things get fixed but I'm holding my breath a bit. This is my first real problem that hasn't been solved in a weeks time so its time to ask questions.

Ok. If I turn on or let my phone turn on with a text message, I'll go to respond. If I push my button at the top to put my phone into sleep before it sends the message (I'm guessing), I can get it to permanently sleep.

The green led flashes like normal but the screen is dead. Its not that the backlight is off, the screen is OFF. I cannot bring it back without a reset.

The only reason why this is a problem priority now is that a few phones Ive upgraded are experiencing the same problem. I have no idea if it is related to the text messaging but that's how I can reproduce it easily enough.

Cheers to 6.1 and the audiomanager/task manager fixes that I've already benefited from!

Copy
Old 03-27-2008, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Phone permanently sleeping

I had this issue when I included the battery tweaks from the kitchen. If the phone turned itself off and stayed off for a short period of time (10-15 minutes) it wouldn't turn back on without a reset. I got rid of the battery tweaks and the problem stopped.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

You sure this isnt the BSoD (Black Screen of Death) that we used to see a lot of? Do you have a card locked in the slot? If so, when the phone is sleeping and the screen wont turn on, try popping the card out and see if the phone will wake then.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CopyCounsler is a n00b

Ok.. tried popping out the sd card. Didn't change anything.

Will try removing battery tweaks and report back once I've gotten back home. (funny how you knew I had that -- makes me think that it is the culprit.)

I will be playing with the sd-card removal some more throughout my texts today - it is the only sure-fire way to get this thing to do the BSOD... (heh)

Copy
Old 03-28-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CopyCounsler is a n00b

After playing around some more, I've found this out. First, my EVDO stays on permanently once activated as described here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22570

and so I've set some settings around and ended up turning my evdo on ALWAYS using ppchacks. Now if I connect to the internet, I can let my device timeout while I'm connected to EVDO (white arrows) and once it times out, it enters the famous Permanent Sleep pattern I've been describing.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CopyCounsler is a n00b

UPDATE:

re-rom without battery tweaks fixed all permanent sleeping patterns. ALL.

Copy
Old 03-31-2008, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b
Smile Re: Phone permanently sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyCounsler View Post
UPDATE:

re-rom without battery tweaks fixed all permanent sleeping patterns. ALL.

Copy
That's strange. I flashed 6.1 w/o the "battery tweaks" (I think we are talking about the ones here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8689 ) and applied these reg edits manually.

The only reason why I am posting here is because with 6.0, if I was on an unusually long phone call (lasting longer than the battery power off time setting) sometimes I could not get the display back w/o a soft reset. The green phone LED was still blinking, but there was no way to interact with the device.

Has not happened with 6.1. Makes me thing its something else
Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

zfactor is a n00b

hmm i have not had this issue but now im wondering if i should remove the battery tweaks.. is there a way to remove them without a new rom?? can i edit the reg and remove them??
Old 04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vzw_xv6700

dawad is a n00b

This has problem occurred to my 6700 ever since upgrading to 6.1. I did not include battery tweaks. Also, I receive no notifications when the phone is in SLEEP.

Crazy thing is that the phone will wake up once every ten times. Seems to be a random occurrence. I have done absolutely no reg edits.

I've searched the several forums and there seems to be no solution.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Apps:
HTC Home
S2U2
Old 04-01-2008, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CopyCounsler is a n00b

I changed my dialer from the new touch dialer to the old touch dialer too. I forgot to reference that from my other post that had to do with internet arrow displays always being on. (dated 3/8 was the "bad" dialer)

Maybe that is the culprit.

Sorry for the "mis"-information (or lack of complete information)

Copy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development