PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

waynefreddyp is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700 upgrade from 5.0 to 6.0

trying to upgrade to window mobile 6.0 but everytime I press the record+power+reset it takes me into serial mode could someone please help me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume
Re: 6700 upgrade from 5.0 to 6.0

That will should put u into bootloader mode, then connect usb cable and the word serial should say usb, then run the RUU to flash new rom, are u useing BuildOS from ppcgeeks?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

what is the ruu sorry for asking but this is my first time on the site
Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
That will should put u into bootloader mode, then connect usb cable and the word serial should say usb, then run the RUU to flash new rom, are u useing BuildOS from ppcgeeks?
what is the ruu
Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The RUU is the program that upgrades your phone. But before we go any ferther I recommend you do some resurch and home work to learn more about what things are what they mean and so on, just do searches in hear because there are all ready a ton of posts that cover all that stuff. Im saying this to you because you realy need to know what you are doing before you attempt this, I learnd how bye asking Qs: tryle and error, and reading post in hear, its not as bad as it sounds. hear is a link to what mostly everyone is using: Sticky: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308 One other thing please ask Qs: BEFORE u do somthing your unsure of, good LUCK!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!

One other thing, If you down load and install The ppcgeeks Build OS I can try and walk you through it, Its very easy to use and you will get wm 6.1 on your phone just let me know.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

where do i go to get this
Old 03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!

I provided the link 3 posts up.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!

To make it easer for you:
Helmi_WM6.1_Patch1.zip (5.0 KB, 897 views)
Install it, then go to your start window on your computer and run the updater, then tell me where your at, because If you don't already have it you will need Active sync 4.5 witch is a program that helps you syncronize all appointments,files,email and so on. But most importantly makes a connection with your phone, you can get that here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...istration.mspx
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
One other thing, If you down load and install The ppcgeeks Build OS I can try and walk you through it, Its very easy to use and you will get wm 6.1 on your phone just let me know.
ok i installed it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development