PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 03:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

madman34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Want to use my Sprint Apache on VZW, help

Greetings,
This might have been addressed but I could not find it, but I have my old Apache that I want to use as a backup for my VZW 6800 on Verizon. I have done the ROMs on the 6800 but never a 6700. I changed the ESN to that of my 6800 and loaded up the VZW PRL and was able to get it to IOTA and phone works on VZW now, but even with everything right in the EPST I have a roam indicator on the phone and so it will not provision data because of this. Is there a way to unlock the bootloader so I can run in the VZW ROM ??? Or an easier way to kill the roam indicator so IOTA will work for data ???? Thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

p5yph3r is a n00b
Re: Want to use my Sprint Apache on VZW, help

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman34 View Post
Greetings,
This might have been addressed but I could not find it, but I have my old Apache that I want to use as a backup for my VZW 6800 on Verizon. I have done the ROMs on the 6800 but never a 6700. I changed the ESN to that of my 6800 and loaded up the VZW PRL and was able to get it to IOTA and phone works on VZW now, but even with everything right in the EPST I have a roam indicator on the phone and so it will not provision data because of this. Is there a way to unlock the bootloader so I can run in the VZW ROM ??? Or an easier way to kill the roam indicator so IOTA will work for data ???? Thanks.
As far as "unlocking the bootloader", search these forums for "SuperCID". The PRL you load doesn't matter, nor does the ROM you're using, if your Home SID and Home NID aren't set to correspond to your home network, where you live. Your data isn't provisioning because you haven't entered in the AKEY from the phone you borrowed the ESN from.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

p5yph3r is a n00b

For anyone viewing this thread that's really interested in the subject of AKEY authentication in CDMA IOTA data configuration, check out these whitepapers to see what you're up against if you don't have the original AKEY on the source phone:

http://www.cdg.org/technology/cdma_t...y_overview.pdf

http://www.cdg.org/resources/white_p...20Oct%2004.pdf

See the A-key sections.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

This is actually quite easy. DANGEROUS, but easy.

I will detail the instructions here for you as I have already done it with my Sprint Touch.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download GetSPC(attached below)
2. Unzip to desktop
3. Turn off phone and remove battery.
4. Write down your HEX ESN
5. Power your device back on
6. Connect via ActiveSync or WMDC
7. Copy entire folder to main memory on device.
8. Run GetSPC.exe
9. In the top box type in your HEX ESN(make sure caps is on)
10. Click generate or whatever the button is named
11. The resulting number should be a 6 digit number, your MSL, write it down.
12. Search for, download and install Qualcomm's QPST tool.(not freeware)

THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE VERY DANGEROUS SO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW MY DIRECTIONS EXACTLY.
13. Run QPST Configuration(run as admin if Vista)
14. From the Dialpad, dial ##3424#(##diag#)
15. Connect device to computer via USB(this will install drivers)
16. In QPST Configuration, click ports.
17. Continue to add ports until the QPST Configuration detects your phone
18. Under active phones it should display your phone.
19. Click Start Clients/Service Programming
20. Select phone and click ok.

DO NOT LEAVE FIRST TAB, THE SETTINGS TAB. THIS IS THE ONLY TAB WE WILL NEED TO CHANGE ANY SETTINGS

21. Under the settings tab, click Read from phone.
22. Input your MSL you got from GetSPC earlier.
23. Under codes where it says Service Programming, change this to 000000
24. Click Write to Phone
25. Wait 1 minute
26. Close Qualcomm QPST one window at a time.
27. Disconnect the USB cable from your device
28. Perform Soft reset once
29. Test new MSL(##000000#)
30. If new code does not go through, hard reset.

31. Depending on what device you have, follow the necessary steps to unlock your phone so you can flash a new ROM to it.

32. Install OEM ROM from carrier of choice or build your own custom ROM using the new carrier's information.

33. Follow instructions to flash new OS to device.

34. Call service provider and do some sweet talking to get them to activate the phone on their network. You may need to do some serious sweet talking because Sprint ESNs are not in Verizon's database and vice versa. This goes for all CDMA carriers.

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GetSPC.zip (60.9 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

****, Im good with these things but Ill just go to Ebay and save the time and headache.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development