PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   ActiveSync to WM6.1 doesn't Sync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22221)

tcbusch 03-24-2008 04:42 PM

ActiveSync to WM6.1 doesn't Sync

I have installed 6.1 and everything seams to work fine. However my ActiveSync will not download anything to the phone. I can click explore and copy files but no contacts or favorites or anything. I have tried deleting the mobile device on both my PC and my phone. It recognizes that the device is there when I plug the phone back in but my contacts etc never sync. I am using Windows Xp and ActiveSync 4.5.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

tcbusch 03-24-2008 07:24 PM

Re: ActiveSync to WM6.1 doesn't Sync

The problem was with my Favorites. I deleted the device, re-flashed, rebuilt the os, etc. Tried everything and finally decided to try only syncing contacts. That worked so I found out the favorites folder was the problem. I moved my shortcuts out of the Mobile Favorites folder and let ActiveSync recreate the folder. Then it synced. I copied the favorites back and it Synced. All is now well.

sunny1974 03-24-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcbusch (Post 228765)
The problem was with my Favorites. I deleted the device, re-flashed, rebuilt the os, etc. Tried everything and finally decided to try only syncing contacts. That worked so I found out the favorites folder was the problem. I moved my shortcuts out of the Mobile Favorites folder and let ActiveSync recreate the folder. Then it synced. I copied the favorites back and it Synced. All is now well.

are you able to sync properly with 2 different computers or microsoft server? and are u able to sync ur appointments as well or u get sum error code over there? i had major problems with active sync and gave me an error code. and had to revert back to wm6 as it wont just sync my appointments..

tcbusch 03-25-2008 03:12 PM

I am not syncing with exchange server or anything. I Sync only for contacts, favorites, and appointments. It has been syncing fine ever since I deleted my Mobile Favorites folder inside my Internet Explorer favorites. I was even able to add my favorites back in.

ajmacht 07-30-2008 06:14 PM

The new release from HTC (Rom 3.03.651.4) which contains WM6.1 will not sync with my exchange server 2003. If you sync only email and nothing else.. I can get it to work.. but if you try to sync email, contacts, calendar etc.. it shows a repllog.exe error and won't sync. I've talked to Sprint and HTC on the phone.. they both have no answers. Seems like they need to make WM6.1 and Activesync backwards compatible since WM6.0 worked.

Lilman11388 08-06-2008 08:53 AM

On my mogul it kinda has the same problem. The sound chimes it, but it says it's not connected, it attempts to connect but then it says "you must upgrade your Active Sync to 4.5". But I already did that a while ago and it was working fine until I installed the ROM upgrade, and 6.1upgrade

Trident 08-06-2008 11:19 AM

I had very similar issues. Reinstalling active sync has worked- make sure you have the newest build.
Sometimes it takes a hard-reset of the device, but that's usually when it won't sync at all.