PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   WM 6.1 and HTC Task Manager fix? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21883)

Nick99EXB 03-20-2008 05:26 PM

WM 6.1 and HTC Task Manager fix?

I have seen a few posts regarding problems with the WM 6.1 kitchen and HTC Task Manager. I have yet to get the settings to open and it lists Desktop in the lists of running tasks, which if closed crashes the whole phone. I have tried installing other versions to fix the problem with the result of no task manager at all in the top right of the today screen.

Does anybody have a solution that I missed? Also if I cook a rom without the HTC Task Manager and install it later does that fix the problem?

tnsandman 03-20-2008 11:36 PM

Re: WM 6.1 and HTC Task Manager fix?

I experienced the same thing so I rebuilt without it and added magic button instead. Does the same thing basically without the whole crashing my phone issue. :)

PPCFreak 03-21-2008 03:39 PM

I had the same troubles as well. So I re-flashed without HTC Task Manager and went with magic button. Works very well.

tek2tirado 03-21-2008 05:42 PM

i did the same
i prefer htx x but magic button gets the job down

Giovanny 03-21-2008 08:06 PM

I had the same problem that at certain point you close all applications and says a problem with the shell and shuts down. I fixed that problem all I did was to install the original 2.0 version to the device and problem solve. Here I have attached the file for you guys to installed it. Enjoy it.

imnuts 03-23-2008 11:59 AM

I'm not having any issues with v1.5 that was in previous kitchens. I have an OEM package of it from the old kitchen available on my website as I was having issues with v2.x in the WM6 ROM and didn't need all the stuff that is different from v1.5.

Nick99EXB 03-23-2008 07:15 PM

It seems that the version posted by Giovanny works. I.e. no more crashed freezes. However the settings still won't open.

psiphi 03-24-2008 12:23 PM

I vote the 1.5 version be put back in the Kitchen as the last stable version... (Maybe the 2.0.30995 too...)

tjarnold 03-25-2008 12:17 AM

You can find the 1.5 version in older kitchens. Just take the folders and put it in the User_OEM folder in the 6.1 kitchen. It works no problem. I use it.

imnuts 03-25-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjarnold (Post 229088)
You can find the 1.5 version in older kitchens. Just take the folders and put it in the User_OEM folder in the 6.1 kitchen. It works no problem. I use it.

But what about those that have since deleted the old kitchen files. They may not be able to take it out of the old kitchen. One could always go back and find the post and hope the files are still there, but over time, the posts and/or files will disappear, so including it in the kitchen would be a better solution. That or providing it in a downloadable OEM package, which is what I am doing.