PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

quilterliz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth randomly disconnecting

Hey all. I've had a great time learning from everyone's wisdom on this forum, and it helped me when I had to cook my own ROM for my ebay purchased phone. But now I have one problem I have not been able to resolve, and need some insight and help.

My Bluetooth connection will randomly shut off on the phone. The only way I can tell that it shut off is by the beep in my headset, or the fact that I don't know my phone is ringing until too late.

Does anyone have any insight into this weird issue?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Bluetooth randomly disconnecting

I found this to be interesting:

http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...ght=blue+tooth
Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quilterliz is a n00b

Thanks much for the info. I did try the Verizon programming number that was shown. Earlier in the day, I did try the *228 programming number, but that didn't seem to have any effect. I'll see if this other number helps.

The difference between my problem and the posted one you linked, is that mine does not disconnect the call. The Bluetooth disconnects when it is idle, or in the middle of a call (without dropping the call). The headset is still powered, but there is no connection to the phone, since the Bluetooth suddenly turns off. I have a Jabra headset, with an HTC Apache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker

starfall is a n00b

I have the same problem
Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizion Wireless

shawn is a n00b

I have used different phones (XV6700), different headsets, and different roms (wm5 & wm6). Always had this problem. My guess is that the problem is in the bluetooth stack. I would to love to fix this. It is the only real issue I have with this phone.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quilterliz is a n00b

This is the second XV6700 I have had (first one got wet). The first one didn't have this problem (same headset). My first one was a new one, purchased in July and UTStarcom was the manufacturer, distributed through Verizon. I wonder if the newer ones fixed the problem? I'm not sure how old my current one is. Is there a way to find the manufacture dates of the phone by the S/N?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
I have used different phones (XV6700), different headsets, and different roms (wm5 & wm6). Always had this problem. My guess is that the problem is in the bluetooth stack. I would to love to fix this. It is the only real issue I have with this phone.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quilterliz is a n00b

If the issue is in the bluetooth stack, is there a way to tweak it through the PPC6700 Hacks settings for bluetooth?
Old 02-24-2008, 02:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Some people change the bluetooth channel thru regedit for possible to much interference on the paired channel. Just like when you have to much interference with wifi and need to find a clean channel to avoid the drops/poor performance.

edit :HKLM/Software/Micosoft/Bluetooth/Device

Your going to see some folders with numbers like 0007a421b7eb these are your paired by items one folder per item <--this is mine, your will look somewhat the same but will different digits.

After you open the folder note the "name/" entry..it will have the name of the bt item that is paired, you will also see the "Service" subfolder with another subfolder open that folder and you will see the "channel/" entry.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 02-24-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

quilterliz is a n00b

Thanks for that info. I have to install the regedit program yet (have it ready, just not installed to the phone). Like WiFi, don't you have to change the channel on both ends, phone and headset? If so, how do you change it on the headset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Some people change the bluetooth channel thru regedit for possible to much interference on the paired channel. Just like when you have to much interference with wifi and need to find a clean channel to avoid the drops/poor performance.

edit :HKLM/Software/Micosoft/Bluetooth/Device

Your going to see some folders with numbers like 0007a421b7eb these are your paired by items one folder per item <--this is mine, your will look somewhat the same but will different digits.

After you open the folder note the "name/" entry..it will have the name of the bt item that is paired, you will also see the "Service" subfolder with another subfolder open that folder and you will see the "channel/" entry.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work

This used to happen to me every so often with my first 6700 (purchased 11/06.) It would typically happen in the middle of a call, leaving me to fumble around for my phone, yelling "hold on a second...my headset disconnected!" I have been through many ROMs since then, and the problem occurred with each of them.

I had my phone replaced with a refurb several weeks ago, and the problem hasn't happened since. Of course, the local corporate Sprint store had been totally unwilling to help me, even going so far as to say "you should add another line to your account, so that if this happens again, you'll have a more reliable phone to use." I had much more luck at an authorized repair center. Since they weren't authorized to repair my phone, they just filled out the forms to get me a new one (refurb.) I'll never go back to a corporate store again
And in the kitchen, bind them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development