PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it all over?

Has the fine work on the 6700 ended? It would seem a shame if so. These devices still have a decent amount of processing power when measured to even the newer devices on the market today. If work will continue, is there anything coming that would put voip in the regular earpiece vs. the speakerphone? i think that is my one and only issue with this phone.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Is it all over?

sadly this device is finally on it's last legs as far as heavy development goes.... it was a true and trusty friend before i got my mogul... give that it's been around almost 3 years it's remarkable that it is 100% tapped out eh?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

bah. It's still neck and neck. Apache has some advantages (like RAM) that'll keep it in the game a while longer.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

And it has WiFi!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
bah. It's still neck and neck. Apache has some advantages (like RAM) that'll keep it in the game a while longer.
neck and neck with what... mogul?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond

TonyDiv is just getting started

There really isn't much more that can realistically be done. The fact that the apache has had 3 full (unofficial) rom updates is pretty remarkable and has extended its usefull life by years. If I was still stuck with the stock Sprint rom, I'd have changed phones, if not carriers, a long time ago.

The only thing that I'd like to see is a bit more polishing of WM6 to get the final bugs out. Those "Pie in the Sky" things that people expect, just aren't going to happen at this point.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

True, but that doesn't mean it has run out of life yet. Honestly, the other devices that are available just aren't better enough to justify the price of upgrading - that's why the Apache continues to hang in there.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
True, but that doesn't mean it has run out of life yet. Honestly, the other devices that are available just aren't better enough to justify the price of upgrading - that's why the Apache continues to hang in there.
I agree with gguruusa. It is not only the cost but the extension of my contract hich keps me waiting on a upgrade. I got into the PPC game way late and got tired of waiting on the Mogul to come out and got a good deal on my Apache. For right now it does everything I want it to. I have made a habit though of cking out the 6800 section of this forum for newer stuff. Some things may apply, some wont. I do think though that this section of the forum has slowed down considerably, but I know I can come here for help if need be. This MMS thing is killin me though... What up wit dat?!

Old 03-01-2008, 02:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc-6700

magic504 is a n00b

I agree with gguruusa also. the fact is that the newer version of it is mostly about the size of the phone doesnt mean that they are better. i been using my ppc-6700 for almost 2 years now. i upgrade my to wm6 from here. WOOT WOOT!!! i still like cuz it doesnt have any bug anymore beside the part i drop it a dozen times and mess up the joystick thing. i hope that people here still continue to develop new stuff for this phone for a few more years. after that who knoes, we'll all be in a different ppc world.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started

yes, gguru is right on. no other devices are worth the upgrade. i like the ameo/athena/advantage, but too much $$$ for me. Mogul just doesn't seem worth the upgrade until my 6700 really dies, helmi's (and others) wm6 work has really saved this device

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development