PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 02:30 AM
pseudophone

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Is it all over?

The one linked to earlier. I also tried Poky... but poky will at least a kernel built for it, and I ran out of time before I got the arm build tools setup. I wish I had the time to devote to it. I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort really. Works needs to be done to make the bar to entry lower. A nice cross-development package, and some kernel images for various devices.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: helmi powered 6700
Carrier: verizon

midniteslice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to midniteslice

time is why i haven't even tried it yet.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
The funny thing is, the ROM development cycle might be almost done for all the current WM6 devices, as I believe (I might be mis-remembering) a new type of touch screen (multi-touch?) will be needed for WM7...
Multi-touch.... sounds like my last hooker experience.

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 03-13-2008, 05:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700

Speed_419 is just getting started

Just to add my 2 cents. The other problem that I have with the Titan is that there seems to be like 3-4 different versions of the phone. The one from Sprint looks totally different from the one from Verizon. (Button sizes, etc.) Knowing my luck, I will end up with the one that has buttons that break easier or some other BS. Although, GPS would be a nice addition.

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: vzw

Zlog is a n00b

I don't see myself upgrading from Apache until theres a PPC with user-accessible GPS, around twice the memory, and all the features I currently have with apache while being a touch bit thinner. As rip-off as cell phone price are, when that device does come out I probably wont be getting it right away. :P
Old 03-13-2008, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

I'm waiting for at least a half-vga screen like my old sony clie NX70 had (I miss that screen...) as I use my phone as an ebook reader as well. An internal gps would be nice, but isn't a show stopper (my bluetooth gps works just dandy).

jim
Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

rjfranken is a n00b

Look! I Got Two. The Macro Lens Is what I use to a FLAME!
I have to regester Pics of Cisco 802.11 installs WTW, tile to tile.
I believe I will have 2 of them: both 67 and 6800!
it is unfortunate that they are so difff.

I test VOIP and in a hospital the phone needs to OFF.

to test the PPC6800 in this environment shows the 6800 cannot do WiFi without the phone transmitting Alies: turned OONN (here goes my triade) SEARCH the words "On" and "OFF" leave alot to be looked for. " " less than 3 letters cannot use in aq!%*$quate searc__H for anything" !!!

I am Searchu for the word ON

Fvx

I Amm Getting Tired
Old 03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
fuz
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

fuz is a n00b

Here is a question...

We all love new roms, however with the 6700 should your usb port break, I believe there is no way to take it back to stock rom for warranty/insurance repairs. (If so, would it be a good idea to post this as a notice when cooking a rom?)
Is this true with the 6800? There is a tutorial for sd card flashing for the Hermes.
This might factor in for people who like new roms, but have to be able to return it for service.
I love mine, it has truly affected the organization in my life and I just now have it where I want it. Was trying to do some preparing in case I ever had to take it back in for repairs when found about the non-usb flashing thing. Considering I plug and unplug mine at least a couple times a day for 26 months now, gets me nervous about the life span of the port.

Hmm, one thing I might consider is how much sd card space I needed for mp3's etc. The 6700 camera won't (or at least wouldn't) recogize any sd card that has over 2 gig of free space on it, plus I know you can get a 8 gig micro sdhc.

Last edited by fuz; 03-16-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Lurker

Sargothas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
c'mon be honest guys.... i tried this same logic because i didnt have the funds at the time to pay out of pocket for an upgrade... but one day my usb stopped working on my apache and i took it in to the sprint store. Mind you i had NO expectation of them doing this but within 15 mins i was handed a brand new mogul in the box. It was the shock of my sprint experience! Now i loved my 6700 to death but do you think i was like "No please dont give me the mogul, i have everything i need in my apache, it still has quite a lifespan left in it!" Hex naw bro! i looked around suspiciously to make sure they werent filming an episode of punk'd on me and rolled out before they had the chance to realize they may have made some mistake in the system lol.

so again being honest with yourself, if you were handed a mogul, would you keep your apache?
Saying that nothing out there is worth the money to upgrade, and turning down a free upgrade are two ENTIRELY different scenarios.

I am in the same boat as many others right now. Nothing else is worth the money to make me upgrade yet, especially given the new work done for the Apache still.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I would love a 6800, but I think now with 6.1OS the Apache is just as good

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development