PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: utstarcom ppc-6700
Carrier: Bell

Raistlin5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it all over?

Helmi and his crew ROCK !!!!

Thanks to them for keeping this phone going ... I am new to this phone myself and very happy with wm6.I do not see any other phone out there that can beat the 6700 hands down.Besides it's more fun modding the phone !!! Keep up the good work !!! and long live the apache !!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Though I complain about the 6700, I fear that future phones will be costed down and in a few years from now, we will look back with sentimental warmth at the old beast.

As one who developes software for a manufacturing firm, I have learned how the pattern works. Our first release of a new product is often a loss but used to test the market. Once we have detected penetration, we study our design to decide how we can make our product cheaper. Boards become thinner, features are eliminated, custom components are replaced by canned components and what was once a tailored made product is now mass produced with outsoursed development. Tis the way the market works and we, like everyone else, are out to make money. But I always keep a few of the seminal versions on my shelf to remind myself of what we can do.

In the early 90's I took a 14 y/o microware $800 Litton microwave oven in for repairs. The serviceman look inside it as if it was the Citadel. He showed me all the things that just are made that way anymore. He also said he could not find the parts and I would be better buying a new one for $160.

I will hold onto my 6700 until TA says its replacement is no longer available.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

The Apache is still a great phone. While it may lack in the styling and some features of newer devices, it has proved to be a dependable phone that will run very well. While development has/will slow, there are always people who will be working to support it.

BTW, with that said, if you like WM6 you are really gonna like the WM6.1 kitchen.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 03-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache/ BB Torch
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

Papagolf is a n00b

I'm glad to hear that 6.1/something is in the works! I was getting worried that my "obselete" 6700 was as good as it was going to get since the last rom release was in december! after having new roms every two weeks I was starting to wonder what I was going to do with all the time I used to flash my phone!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ChronoT52 is a n00b

We owe every person that contributed to these major ROM updates tons of laud. Had those updates not came out, I surely would have been on the Mogul the day it came out- pre AKU 3 ROMs from Sprint were sheerly crap.

I imagine once that 6.1 update is out, it will be the last major update this phone will see. Once the true successor of the 6700 is out, (I simply cannot count the Mogul because it's more of a cosmetic upgrade with a bit more memory,) I'll upgrade then.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700, xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

HostileJava is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to HostileJava

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
BTW, with that said, if you like WM6 you are really gonna like the WM6.1 kitchen.
What a tease....
Old 03-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Bah.. What a great tease,

by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 03-02-2008, 06:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Bah.. What a great tease,

Agreed, thanks Colonel and all who work on the Kitchen(s), btw WM6.x and Ultimate Launcher, I don't think I am going to let go of the Apache until it dies on me.

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
True, but that doesn't mean it has run out of life yet. Honestly, the other devices that are available just aren't better enough to justify the price of upgrading - that's why the Apache continues to hang in there.
c'mon be honest guys.... i tried this same logic because i didnt have the funds at the time to pay out of pocket for an upgrade... but one day my usb stopped working on my apache and i took it in to the sprint store. Mind you i had NO expectation of them doing this but within 15 mins i was handed a brand new mogul in the box. It was the shock of my sprint experience! Now i loved my 6700 to death but do you think i was like "No please dont give me the mogul, i have everything i need in my apache, it still has quite a lifespan left in it!" Hex naw bro! i looked around suspiciously to make sure they werent filming an episode of punk'd on me and rolled out before they had the chance to realize they may have made some mistake in the system lol.

so again being honest with yourself, if you were handed a mogul, would you keep your apache?

Best... Member... Ever...

Last edited by InvincibleLiving; 03-02-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: sorry meant to say apache instead of mogul...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started

I'd keep my apache.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development