PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Can an Apache be flash back to Sprint from Cricket? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19300)

jasew503 02-26-2008 12:35 AM

Can an Apache be flash back to Sprint from Cricket?

I have a PPC-6700 Sprint Apache flashed to Cricket, works on Cricket network just fine. I have re-flashed the rom to a Sprint Rom running WM6 i got from this forum but it still is not working on the Sprint Network due to the fact that Sprint will not re-activate it cuz the ##xxxxx# menu didnt work when the Customer Service rep told me to type it in in the phone dialer. What happened?

lightbiter 02-26-2008 01:27 AM

Re: Can an Apache be flash back to Sprint from Cricket?

hey i have had problems getting sprint to activate a wm6 flashed apache i had to flash it to a stock sprint wm5 rom then do it once it was activated then i could flash it too wm6

Unknown Zone 02-28-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightbiter (Post 193979)
hey i have had problems getting sprint to activate a wm6 flashed apache i had to flash it to a stock sprint wm5 rom then do it once it was activated then i could flash it too wm6

Lightbiter is correct....I just dont understand why people try to activate with a WM6 rom which is unofficial is beyond me and expect sprint to give tech support...flash back to WM5 official activate then switch back to WM6

edit: Here let me help you out, cause I think I know your next question.

http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/

D/L

APA_SPCS_20600_303_12700_WWE_Ship.exe

as.forum 03-22-2008 11:53 AM

How does one flash a certain ROM into a PPC 6700. I downloaded PPC Kitchen as well as some ROMs posted by Helmi on the last major thread.

faldiin 03-22-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by as.forum (Post 226398)
How does one flash a certain ROM into a PPC 6700. I downloaded PPC Kitchen as well as some ROMs posted by Helmi on the last major thread.

What are you trying to Flash. The stock ROM or the one that Hemi has. If you want to use the kitchen then you need to install the program and then work through the kitchen. More info would be required to assist you more. Also read the FAQ to help yourself. (Not Flaming you)

Forrest
Apache XV6700

as.forum 03-23-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faldiin (Post 226560)
What are you trying to Flash. The stock ROM or the one that Hemi has. If you want to use the kitchen then you need to install the program and then work through the kitchen. More info would be required to assist you more. Also read the FAQ to help yourself. (Not Flaming you)

Forrest
Apache XV6700

I figured out a bunch of this "How to". But I have this issue http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22094

I was able to flash the ROM through ActiveSync using one of helmi's Cricket ROMs.

I am even considering creating a new Cricket ROM using PPC Kitchen if it would solve this problem.

TechnoHippie 07-10-2008 03:12 AM

I have a sprint unit I'm trying to get to work on cricket. Any advice? I tried using the ppckitchen to do it, but I cant connect to any towers. tried the 1050 prl but still no luck.

PDAPhoneJunkie 07-10-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoHippie (Post 342364)
I have a sprint unit I'm trying to get to work on cricket. Any advice? I tried using the ppckitchen to do it, but I cant connect to any towers. tried the 1050 prl but still no luck.

You can't just flash another carriers ROM in there. You gota get cricket to swap the ESN. There are plenty of how-tos on doing these types of things. And before asking, I don't know any off the top of my head. Just do some searching and you'll get it :)

TechnoHippie 07-11-2008 12:11 AM

I've already handeled the ESN situation. I jsut can't connect to a tower. I have a few other threads going about this - I'm coming to the conclusion it's because cricket has moved to AWS triband network here - so the non-AWS phones (aka, 6700) are not going to work on such a network. Same problem with MetroPCS in this area - and I confimed with vice president of MetroPCS that 6700's wont run on AWS.

mikaveli 09-01-2008 02:32 PM

if you load a sprint carrier cab onto your phone you'll get your ##CODES back....maybe someones taken the time to make a cricket one im not sure but i know dcd has a sprint carrier cab that will fix your little delima...

its called "dcd Sprint Carrier 20080723.cab" im too lazy to upload it but if you search for that exact phrase you should be a-ok :)