PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does Your Apache Lock Frequently?

its the task manager-I'm absolutely positive it is the task manager...I don't have any apps on it except htc home and task manager. It got really annoying too-I use my phone for mostly text and internet messaging so my screen is on and after 2 hours, the screen would go super bright and many of the OEM apps won't work. I have to literally soft reset like 4-6 times in order for it to work and it is a pain in the butt...
But at least for some it is definitely a hassle. I had to get a refurb and I guess I will reflash under noIDD when I get home tonight removing the task manager and see what happens. HTC home is rarely the problem but me running through my phones is a possibility
Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700 & Treo 700wx

NitroSS is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Nitro are you runnng weather panel?
Yes but only when I have my wisbar advance & desktop running because its on a page or dock off that. Most of the time I dont have that stuff running though I just have a green blank screen with no open programs. Unless weather panel is running and not listed in the running programs. this may be I havent looked at task mgr to see if it shows up there
Old 05-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM 6.1
Threadstarter

beluczywo is a n00b

Sorry guys, not trying to ignore the request for selections.txt, but I was bouncing around from work to home and most of the time have just been restoring from Sprite so I'm no longer sure which one had the selections I used. Recently, I finally gave up and being at the end of my 2 year contract with VZW, I swapped out for the VX6800 (Titan). I have to say, I love the form factor (not nearly as brickish) and the battery life is stellar -- went from 20% at end of day to 70% with my normal use. I'm beginning to really suspect WeatherPanel and one of the clock-speed apps (forget which one I had selected).

Sorry I didn't follow up on this for those who are still fighting the issue. My wife has cancer and I don't always get a bunch of time to invest in my hobby -- as much as I enjoy having a small PC on my belt, at some point, it's still just a phone (at least that's what my better half tells me)!
I truly feel like it proves the saying "standing on the shoulders of giants".
I've been in software for 20 years and I still can't see how you've done it.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

sde780 is just getting started

I used to get this problem, but Idk why it went away.

I would put the phone in standby, and try to wake it up and it would be frozen.

Then I got the start menu thing, where it would be black and freeze my phone everytime I opened it.

Are you guys running s2u2? I installed a new updated version over the one included and it doesn't freeze at all now
Old 05-14-2008, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Not trying to brag or jinx myself but mine never locks up, never.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid

I had a similar issue with "WeatherPanel" and had to uninstall it...
The next question is: Is anyone using the power options to turn your phone off ? The 6700 doesn't do this too well at all and is the reason your phone may hang during an incoming call...
I disabled the power option completely except for turning off the backlight and am running WM6.0.
WM6.1 was just too slow and too bulky even when overclocked....I may go back to it sometime in the near future to see what I can tweak...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beluczywo View Post
Hi All:
Wondering if it's my hardware or software. I'm using helmi's wondeful WM6 kitchen. Randomly my phone will lock up, refuse to reboot (hang at the splash screen necessitating a hard reboot with lost data, refuse to answer an incoming call, or just run very slowly.

At times, I've thought it was any or all of the following:
claunch
SQL Server 2 (needed for a bible program I run)
WeatherPanel
TCPMP 0.81
Task Manager running on startup in the /tray mode
I have been using WeatherPanel with 6.1 since day 1 with no issues. I would remove Task Manager and run you phone for a week without it to see if it locks up. If you need an app like it use wkTask instead. Task Manager was locking up my phone as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beluczywo View Post
Any way to troubleshoot or at least give me a "safe mode" so I am sure to be able to reset and not keep bricking my phone until I can spend a few hours restoring backups?

Half the time, I can't even get it to stay long enough to get through my personal configurations and get Sprite to make a clean backup.
Install safemode2 by Monocube if rebooting locks it up. Then disable startup apps until it boots. This is another good way to find the app that's locking it up.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b

mine locks up about every 3-5 days
Old 05-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

I have not had any lockups; and I am even testing beta software like crazy. So, I would just start off by installing WeatherPanel via CAB; it doesn't take that much room, and that is how I have been using it. If you need a task manager, don't use HTC Task Manager. There are far better ones out there, and even some are freeware. Try to flash, several times; each time removing one application at a time. When you think you have found the cuplrit, just install only that OEM, and see if you can reproduce it. If you can't, then it may be a combination.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work

my phone hard reset it self all the time i think it have something to do with the space i have boot loader 2.02 anyone have any ideas I have been trying two Kitchens and no lucky her my Projects file anyone have any clues
Attached Files
File Type: txt REV.1.Helmi.txt (3.1 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt REV.1.LennySh.txt (3.1 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development