PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 AM
N00b

johnw230873 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool what is the radio

I know somewhere there will be an answer for this but I haven't been about to find it.

I was wondering what the radio part of the ROM was ie you must update the radio. I see everyone talks about it but no one says what it is.

The reason I ask this is that some ROMs are classed as safe as they don't touch the radio where others do. I would have thought the Radio was the part of the phone that makes the calls and normal ROM's are the PDA side but I posted a message to a guy who made a changes to his phone where he said his radio was working but he was able to make calls data and text. So I'm lost.

If anyone else has done this, my intent is to flash DCD rom and radio to a New Zealand mobile, my understanding is our phones are the same as sprint
Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Talking what is the radio

The Radio is pretty much the service reception. Without a radio you don't have a signal. If your phone is asking for a radio that means you have to upgrade to the next one. Search around the post for radio 1.41 which is the one I currently have. A radio upgrade will also increase your signal strength.

Giovanny
Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: what is the radio

Um, yeah, and it'll make your microwave cook food faster too.

A PRL upgrade might help your signal strength, but a radio upgrade isn't likely to (you might have more bars, but that doesn't mean you have more signal).

It's rarely necessary to upgrade your radio. Unless you are having a specific problem, don't bother flashing it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development