PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem making phone calls with latest kitchen

Hi, guys!

I have a XV6700 that is loaded with the latest kitchen. My provider is Verizon. I just moved to a new house, and I am now having problems initiating calls.

Most of the time now, I will see the following message when I try to send a call:

Quote:
Cannot complete the call. The signal may be unavailable or the phone number may not be valid. Verify the number or try again later.
I have noticed that my phone is almost always in 1xRTT mode prior to initiating the call when the error occurs. If my phone is in EvDO mode when I start the call, I can usually make the call without any problems.

Also, my signal strength is usually around 3 (or more) bars in 1xRTT Mode when this occurs.

Any ideas? Is there a setting I need to change on the phone?

Thanks!

¿GotJazz?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Ditch Doctor
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
Hi, guys!

I have a XV6700 that is loaded with the latest kitchen. My provider is Verizon. I just moved to a new house, and I am now having problems initiating calls.

Most of the time now, I will see the following message when I try to send a call:

I have noticed that my phone is almost always in 1xRTT mode prior to initiating the call when the error occurs. If my phone is in EvDO mode when I start the call, I can usually make the call without any problems.

Also, my signal strength is usually around 3 (or more) bars in 1xRTT Mode when this occurs.

Any ideas? Is there a setting I need to change on the phone?

Thanks!

¿GotJazz?
Did you do the *22899 to update your phone? Also you may want to consider upgrading your radio if you have not. Mne seems to get better reception since upgrading to Version 1.43

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

ran-o-matic is a n00b
You may get that message with an active data connection over 1XRTT. If you try a second time, does it work?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Did you do the *22899 to update your phone? Also you may want to consider upgrading your radio if you have not. Mne seems to get better reception since upgrading to Version 1.43
I did a *228 earlier, and already have Radio Version 1.43 loaded. Does *22899 do something different?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ran-o-matic View Post
You may get that message with an active data connection over 1XRTT. If you try a second time, does it work?
Trying a second time didn't make a difference. I generally had to reset my phone to get a call through.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Ditch Doctor
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
I did a *228 earlier, and already have Radio Version 1.43 loaded. Does *22899 do something different?
My understanding is that *22899 is just an automated way of updating option 1 and option 2 at the same time. No buttons to click, just dial and the process is automatic.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JFTHOI, I tried the *22899 last night. My phone updated OK.

I saw the same error message pop up a few minutes later. My phone also showed that I was stuck in 1xRTT mode in an area that I usually see a strong EvDO signal.

Is there some setting in my phone that prevents me from initiating a call in 1xRTT mode vs. EvDO mode?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Problem making phone calls with latest kitchen

I noticed that my phone is going into 1xRTT mode more frequently, and I can't do Internet Sharing or make calls when the phone starts in 1xRTT. If my phone transfers from EvDO to 1xRTT during a call, everything is fine (though I can't get Internet any data during the call).

Is this the normal operation of the phone? Is there an EPST setting I should check?

Last edited by ?GotJazz?; 02-20-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

azz777 is a n00b
Re: Problem making phone calls with latest kitchen

have the same problems often and have to reset the phone in order to dial out. I am using the wm5 kitchen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development