PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AUDIOVOX PPC-6700
Carrier: mts

mitch41 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Upgrading Audiovox 6700 on Unsupported Carriers? (Helmi)

Hi, I have an Audiovox 6700 and I live in Manitoba, (Canada). My Cellular service provider is MTS, which is the Manitoba Telecommunications Services Company or something to that effect :P
Anyways... I am planning to possibly upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 in the future, but I have a few questions first...
I was going to use Helmi's Kitchen or whatever, but I noticed that MTS is not in the list for carriers, will this cause problems? Do you HAVE to have your carrier selected for everything to work right? Or is it just something to do with branding and that sort of thing...
Also, is there any way to back your phone config up entirely? OS and all? I have bad luck with these sort of things and I know nothing is 'guaranteed' especially with hacking like this, so I just want to know I am making all the necessary precautions so I don't lose my phone forever

I think that's it for now but I thank you for reading!

Mitch.

Last edited by mitch41; 02-09-2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: I edited the title to make sure it made sense :)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development