PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NetFront 3.5 Web Browser

ive been using this for awhile now and i really like it. i like the way u can view pics on myspace and facebook. its really just like a desktop. but sometimes it wont let you sign it to certain websites. for example. i can not check any of my bank accounts using it. but other than that its REALLY GOOD..
Old 02-25-2008, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bboydru is a n00b

Can Netfront 3.5 render the iphone's compatible facebook page?: http://iphone.facebook.com
Old 02-27-2008, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

It was always a nuisance to get the cab from their site, and now they stopped so here is link from another thread post27:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18622&page=3
Old 02-27-2008, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work

I think this is the best browser avaialble so far. However,it is such
a memory pig...does anyone know a way to optimize the settings to yield better results?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater

i've been using this since the beta came out. i did notice a little memory problem, but after i reflashed it seemed to go away. i have no idea what i changed, but on my device at least i think it was a compatability issue with something else i had. other than that, i still find some things that i use pie or opera for, but all in all i like netfront 3.5.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

On netfront 3.5 , downloading and page layout is nice, but scrolling webpage with touchscreen is a nusiance with zooming and sidebar of screen appearing...
So far scrolling webpages is better for me on new Opera 9 + version in other thread.

Last edited by Maxx134; 03-05-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

I actually agree somewhat; it takes a little getting used to, with the sidebar. If you pretend it isn't there, you can still scroll normally.
Pressing the action key, also is a unique feature: Mouse Mode. This allows you to browse using a mouse-like interface, and select links by moving it over them.
What I have found is, that sidebar disappears, pretty quickly. It doesn't really take long for it to disappear.
I actually agree, that it takes up a great deal of RAM; but, have you really compared the usage, with that of PIE? There is not that much of a difference. Although, having multi-tabbed browsing is kinda pointless, because of how much each tab uses in RAM. I never really can browse more than two pages, at a time. Even with only two, after a while, I get warnings about memory problems.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development