PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, iphone
Carrier: Reliance, Vodafone

vishalsheth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems syncing Windows Mobile 6 with outlook 2007 uwsing Vista

I use Vista(32bit), outlook 2007, WMDC6.1(latest updated). I was not able to upgrade ROM with kitchen for wm6 from Helmi on Vista. I have another machine with XP Pro(SP2). I installed Active Sync 4.5 and upgraded the ROM on ppc6700. After the procedure, I performed the hard reset. Then I synced with Vista machine. The following was the obersvation. I maybe wrong. Let me know if more information is required.

"I feel there's a bug in WM6. I'm not sure. I had original ROM and it synced all my PIM data well. Now with WM6, it does not sync. Contacts 3692/3998, Calendar 0/457, Notes 37/37 and Tasks 5/81. The total pim.vol size is 15.4M from File Explorer. The format is PPC/Outlook. These got synced. I have no clue why is this happening. Is there some restriction for the pim.vol size? Total pim.vol size was 16.2MB.Or are there any other kinds of restrictions? I read someone saying that having 10,000 contacts is not a problem. I'm nothing near to that. I've used the latest kitchen. Do help me please. I ran the kitchen from WinXP machine. I sync with Vista. Is there a way to get the no. of contacts, calendar, notes and tasks like outlook? This would be good. I'm giving this no. from PIMbackup, I also checked through Stools. I didn't do anything else with the above mentioned 2 programs.
I synced with outlook 2007 with wm6 on Windows XP. I still get the same result. Is anyone getting the same problem? I'm surprised why is everyone quiet on this? I'm definately looking for a solution.
also synced ppc with wm6 to outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The data is yet a problem. The result is the same. I think there's a bug in wm6 ROM. Dear Helmi, please look into this and help me. You can mail me on vusheth@gmail.com"
Old 01-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Lurker

xeta is a n00b
I'm having the same issue as well. Would love to find out how to fix it.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
To be shure it is the rom, try using an older kitchen or cook a "stock" rom.

As for not working in Vista, Backup your activesync/mobile manager & pim files, then make shure your Mobile device manager on vista is the latest as it has the necessary drivers to flash with.

Your problem could also be pim data corruption as I had once. I used "FdcSoft PimBackup" to save raw data, then synced back to outlook to create new database.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: forgot to mention that if you mixed a pim.vol file from any other version with another you will have problems as Pim files are not swappable between 2.2, 3.3, 3.5. wm5, wm6 roms...

Last edited by Maxx134; 01-31-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vishalsheth is a n00b
What is stock ROM? Is it a prebuilt ROM? Where do I get the older kitchen from?

In Vista it is Windows Media Device Centre is the latest. I don't know if I flash with it. I'm able to build ROM from kitchen also connect it with boot loader mode. I get error 150: the upgrade is not ment for this device.

I ran scanpst to confirm the data in outlook 2007 is not corrupt. I use pimbackup 2.8 to backup data regularly now. I don't restore through this. If I have to format then I sync fresh with outlook2007.

I don't mix pim.vol. I make fresh everytime also on changing from 2.2 to 3.5 or 3.6.
Let me know further.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Well if I were to guess I would try:

Start fresh & sync everything but contacts.
If all goes well then select to sync contacts last. if contacts hang, go thru your outlook & look for duplicates.
Good luck.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Lurker

xeta is a n00b
Just as a heads up, Windowns Mobile Device Center 6.1 worked wonders for me. All fixed and syncs great again! thanks for the help either way!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:12 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vishalsheth is a n00b
Thank you friends. My sync is going fine. I formatted it. then I was not getting updated time and date. I got through the date and the got the time correct. In the test I synced with outlook 2003 under activesync. Synced calendar, tasks, notes. didn't get all. unchecked tasks to sync. it got removed from ppc. then i checked it again. Voila all were there. confirmed notes - it was ok. then calendar - did uncheck and check. got it all. then I did the same for contacts. Confirmed all was fine, then I hard reset the ppc and synced with outlook 2007 under WMDC6.1. one by one all came in fine. I'm hoping it remains the same. It's just come fine. I'll keep it posted here with update and how's it going.
I've mentioned in details as I was bugged hard resetting my phone daily 2/3times to get things correct. It's help of this forum and friends who helped me.
The only thing remaing is updating ROM on Vista based machine. I think i'll do that when a new one comes in or if I need a new feature.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:04 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vishalsheth is a n00b
I've been noticing something different. My data is synced correctly. When I sync on regular basis, after every 2/3days, the data seemed to sync as if syncing for the first time. It updates the modified date and time for all contacts.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)
Carrier: Sprint

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work
You may find another thread talking about the same topic helpful. I posted detailed instructions on page 2 of the thread that may help.

Thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11774
Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vishalsheth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsolution View Post
You may find another thread talking about the same topic helpful. I posted detailed instructions on page 2 of the thread that may help.

Thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11774
I checked the link. I shall follow the procedure when I'm planning to hit an update with ROM. Here the latest problem I posted was for the data. When I sync daily morning, it takes it as if it is syncing for the first time. The data is not duplicated as of now. It takes too long to sync. It looks like you are syncing on hard formatted phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development