PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Call answered, Missed Call notification (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16966)

blksun813 01-27-2008 02:46 AM

Call answered, Missed Call notification

I couldn't find this on the forum and I've searched.

I upgraded using Helmi's newest kitchen, but I can't remember if I had this problem before I upgraded or not. I'm pretty sure I didn't.
Sometimes when I answer a call I will get a missed call notification. It happens right after I answer. When I look at the call log I have a missed call from whoever called, then an answered call from unknown.

I have the 1.27 radio (had the stock radio 1.03 I think..., upgraded to 1.43, then downgraded to 1.27), but it happened with all the radios I've tried. I was thinking it might have something to do with bluetooth, but I'm not sure.
Also, as far as I remember, the unknown call happens a minute after the missed call in the log.

Anyone have any ideas or similar problems?

bilson 01-27-2008 11:56 AM

You didn't state if this was a consistent problem or happened occasionally.
I've have had this happen as well, or so it would appear, but what actually happened was that the caller made the call, after 3 or 4 rings on their end, they hung-up and immediately redialed. By the time I answered the first call, it had ended showing a missed call and the second call actually came in on the call waiting side and showed a logged unknown answered call. It's a problem with connection lag. This is an occasional occurrence and the caller is using speed dial.

blksun813 01-27-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

You didn't state if this was a consistent problem or happened occasionally.
Sorry, It's an occasional problem.

Quote:

I've have had this happen as well, or so it would appear, but what actually happened was that the caller made the call, after 3 or 4 rings on their end, they hung-up and immediately redialed. By the time I answered the first call, it had ended showing a missed call and the second call actually came in on the call waiting side and showed a logged unknown answered call. It's a problem with connection lag. This is an occasional occurrence and the caller is using speed dial.
I asked my wife if she ever hangs up and calls right back and she said no, but what you've described sounds a lot like what happens..

blksun813 01-31-2008 02:54 AM

To add more detail, after this happens I am not able to make a data connection until I soft-reset. It says a data connection cannot be made, end the current call and try again, but there is no current call...

Could it possibly be the dialer I am using? I'm using smartdial, but not sure what skin if that makes any difference.

da1stprince 01-31-2008 07:56 PM

i thought i was the only one with this problem!...it does happen every now and again and the same issue with the data connection follows after that.

bilson 02-01-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blksun813 (Post 172523)
To add more detail, after this happens I am not able to make a data connection until I soft-reset. It says a data connection cannot be made, end the current call and try again, but there is no current call...

I've had that happen a few times but not in conjunction with missed call. Could it be possible that at just as the call comes in a tower change occurs with just enough lag that the call is actually dropped and picked up as a second call? Just a thought, as I think that when it has happened I was in the car.

blksun813 02-01-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilson (Post 173625)
I've had that happen a few times but not in conjunction with missed call. Could it be possible that at just as the call comes in a tower change occurs with just enough lag that the call is actually dropped and picked up as a second call? Just a thought, as I think that when it has happened I was in the car.

I know this has happened a few times at home... I usually have 4 or 5 signal bars. And I'm pretty sure I can see the tower from my window. Unless I actully have 2 different towers to choose from here. I'll have to watch fieldtest for awhile.

EDIT: I have seen that the Titan (or Mogul, can't remember) has this problem with Google Maps installed, but I don't have google maps installed, so that can't be the problem. Also, I've missed a couple texts.. I'm beginning to wish I waited for the i760.

rbinkley 02-04-2008 09:18 AM

Do you have Schaps Advanced Config v1.1?

see <a href="http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6909&highlight=Advanced+Config&pa ge=2">here</a>

okay my hyperlink isn't working....

ndesent 02-04-2008 09:47 AM

i have this problem but it never happend until i installed s2u2

blksun813 02-05-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbinkley (Post 176636)
Do you have Schaps Advanced Config v1.1?

I do have Advanced Config 1.1 in the Rom, but I installed 2.02.0.2 over top of it... I think that fixed the speakerphone issue, I still need to check the reg key for keeping the data connection on. Next time I flash I'll replace 1.1 with 1.0 and see if that helps. I just hate having to reconfigure my servers in messaging.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndesent (Post 176643)
i have this problem but it never happend until i installed s2u2

I almost installed s2u2, but then I decided against it... Device lock seems to work good enough. I just set it to "blank screen" instead of suspending the device and configured it to the right soft-key so I can lock it during a call. (also, I'm hoping it was devicelock suspending the phone that made me miss a few texts... so far, so good.)

EDIT - Installing Advanced Config 2.02 did not fix the speakerphone or missed call issue. After removing Advanced Config 1.1 from selected options, reflashing the rom and installing Advanced Config 1.0 my missed call notification issue went away. But, I still missed a text. So, I did more searching and changed the Slot Cycle Index to 1. So far I have not missed a text. I don't understand why this would make much of a difference, but I'm not going to complain. Thanks for the help guys. I may have figured it out myself, but not nearly as fast without your help.