PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Limited data plan

I have a co-worker who has an Apache on Verizon Wireless. However, he doesn't have a data plan. If he uses any data, it comes out of his wireless minutes.

So, if he uses data during off-peak (nights/weekends) time it is free.. however, during "peak time" he is using his precious minutes.

Now, here is the question: When using Pocket outlook there is options to have it check for e-mail every 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hr, 2 hr, once a day, manually, etc. Is there a way to schedule it to use his data plan during off-peak but to only go manual during peak times? Obviously this would be a third party program, but does anyone know of such a beast?

Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

ran-o-matic is a n00b
This is not the description of any current data plan from Verizon as far as I know. Is this a grandfathered plan, a new one, or did I just miss it. I thought the data plans were per kB if you didn't have the "unlimited" plan.

ActiveSync on a PPC will let you set sync actions for both peak and off-peak times and will let you adjust the peak start and end times on a per-day basis, so you already have that feature. I'm more curious about the per minute data plan.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: verizon

eatbuckshot is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
I However, he doesn't have a data plan. If he uses any data, it comes out of his wireless minutes.

So, if he uses data during off-peak (nights/weekends) time it is free.. however, during "peak time" he is using his precious minutes.
I'd like to learn more about this
Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
this is not true at all...i got screwed after mistake of lsitening do NOT attempt this without a data plan
Old 01-25-2008, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
Actually, you can setup outlook to check every xMin and it also has settings for peak and off-peak hours (you can set what they are).

HOWEVER - there is NO data plan that will allow you to use minutes for data on the 6700. None. I do not believe you're friend has it, unless it was something that was available through a quirk in the system years ago and just has not been removed. Don't try to get that as when you are charged per kb it will be one heck of a bill...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development