PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache/ BB Torch
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

Papagolf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6700 Ringer Volume turns off by itself! help!

I'm running helmi's WM6 12172007 rom using mobile shell with some other minor programs... either way... I've had the rom in since 12/18 and last week the ringer started turning off my itself. I can literally turn the ringer volume all the way up let the volume bar go away, bring it back up and its off again! I reloaded the rom twice (once a stock rom) to no avail... anyone else having this issue? maybe I'm due for a 6800 swap from verizon?!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dardo is a n00b
its a bug or malfunction of the xv6700.
I had 2 or 3 of them do that, i think its a malfunction with the JOYSTICK pushing in on the speaker.....

nothing can fix it, cept new one.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started
I have also seen this happen to me. When I have used ways other than the slider to turn the volume up or down or off. ie if I have used today screen plugins that manipulate the volume or htc home volume levels. After using any of these things it seems that no matter what i do with the slider it always returns to volume off. When I quit using them it quit happening. Additionally with all of the wm6 roms the slider button does not go inactive when you lock the today screen. I have grown into the habbit of setting my lock to lock all buttons except power.then when I lock the phone i also hit the power button and then it locks the slider out. Before this with wm6 every time my pants hit the slider while the screen was locked it would still change my volume. with wm5 it used to be that the slider was inactive when device lock was used. the only thing it would do was if you had an incoming call it would silence the ringer if u hit it but it never changed the volume.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache/ BB Torch
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T
Threadstarter

Papagolf is a n00b
Finally flashed back to the OE rom and took it to the verizon store... what ever the problem was they just swapped it out! thanks for the posts tho!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development