PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Lurker

DougB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DougB Send a message via Yahoo to DougB Send a message via Skype™ to DougB
Possible interim iGuidance fix?

Hello all,

I just downloaded the kitchen a few days ago and baked my first ROMs last week...after a few tried I came up with one I really like...thanks again to Helmi, WideAwake and every single other person involved with this effort!

So in WM5 I was a heavy iGuidance user...I had been using iG 3.0 for a while, but found that after upgrading to WM6 iG couldn't find the GPS signal, even when the settings were properly configured and other programs were able to find and use the data (and I tried redoing the settings multiple times with no luck). This seriously bummed me out, and no amount of searching has yielded a solution yet.

A few days ago, however, I tried running iG and GoogleMaps simultaneously, and lo and behold iG was able to use the GPS data (the pointer was green, not grey as without GM running).

Not sure if anyone has a better solution, but this seems to be working for me in the short term. Note that I have both the program and the maps on my storage card.

- Doug
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

swimmrguy is a n00b
I used johnny2678's iGuidance OEM that I got from the PPCGeeks FTP site in my Helmi WM6 ROM and it works fine for me (using a Holux GPSlim 236 BT receiver). You have to put your own copy of the iGuidance exe file in the OEM folder.

If you want to give it a try on your next ROM, you can find it here
/Apache/New Core OEMs/johnny2678_OEMs
Old 01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
I'm not sure why you're having trouble with Iguidance 3.0? I've installed it successfully on my phone after WM6 several times. The program is running from main memory - I removed all of the exe's but QVGA. The maps are on the memory card of course.

The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the update from Iguidance, which I think is actually numbered 3.01 or 3.1. You have to register and login to get it. Iguidance had always worked for me without the update, but the update fixed the slow voice response.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DougB is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougB Send a message via Yahoo to DougB Send a message via Skype™ to DougB
I have the latest upodate from their site, but perhaps the issue is that I have it installed on my storage card (which was always fine for me in the past). I can't understand why that would cause the GPS data issue, though.

Probably the only other problem I've seen with iG since I upgraded is that sometimes, during trip routing, if you touch the screen iG dies.

How much space does iG occupy if you install it into direct memory?

Thanks,
- Doug
Old 01-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
"How much space does iG occupy if you install it into direct memory?"

You can check your current install's folder to see how much it's currently taking up. Once you get rid of all the other exe's you don't need - except for QVGA, the program takes up about 3 megs of storage memory.

It still strikes me as odd that you're not getting GPS data though. Are you SURE you've installed your GPS unit as an outgoing port to serial port X? And that Iguidance is receiving input from serial port X as well?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DougB is a n00b
OK, so it turned out that I had iG set to reference the wrong COM post (I had it set to the software port, not the hardware port). Resetting the post fixed the data issue, but I still have a problem with iG going full screen, and after it does any tap on the screen causes the program to unexpectedly close.

Any ideas?

- Doug
Old 01-18-2008, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started
I heard of this full screen issue and did notice it once when running iG 3.0 I have since went to iG 4.? ON WM6 Helmi I found that my iG disk shipped with a missing strabbr.*** file that is easy to find with a google search. It works wonderfully. Full screen works fine. I also did the reg hax to have the tts voice engine announce eveything and I couldnt be happier when it announces the street name I'm supposed to turn at in my bluetooth headset.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DougB is a n00b
Nikki2beeps, so after you upgraded to v4.0 you didn't have the full screen & crash issue? If that's the case it'd be worth an upgrade for me, but only if that issue is fixed. I like iG but not being able to touch the phone while I'm being routed is a major pain.

Thanks in advance!

- Doug
Old 01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Excheese is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki2beeps View Post
I heard of this full screen issue and did notice it once when running iG 3.0 I have since went to iG 4.? ON WM6 Helmi I found that my iG disk shipped with a missing strabbr.*** file that is easy to find with a google search. It works wonderfully. Full screen works fine. I also did the reg hax to have the tts voice engine announce eveything and I couldnt be happier when it announces the street name I'm supposed to turn at in my bluetooth headset.
How did you get it to announce to to your BT headset? I have been using it for over a year and loved it. Now my speaker is spotty and this would solve everything.

Thanks

EX

"Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development