PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
View PPC from PC via wireless network

OK, thanks to the questions by Sarge, USMC about networks and the PPC. I was introduced to the fact that I could get to folders on my home PC and move cabs, sounds and other things over WIFI instead of having to hook up to my computer with my USB. Cool thing to be able to do. Pretty simple thing that I do with my PC's at home already. I have a wireless network that is accessed by 4 CPU's, TIVO,PSP and an XBOX 360. I had not thought about including my PPC in the network, duh. Now my question is how can I set up my PC to see my PPC on a wireless network? Can it be done, and if so, what is the setup process? I really have doubts that I can view my PPC on my computer and share files like I do with the other PC's on my network. Just trying to find something else to play with since I have my phone pretty much the way I want it. I would like to say thank you to Helmi and the rest of the kitchen team for all they do. I have had so much fun tweaking with the tools you guys have provided. Thanks to tierman as well for some cool apps he has developed. Happy New Year.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja
first you need to enable wifi on your ppc and enter the wep or wpa key

im pretty sure your pc will not be able to see your PPC as a drive or folder where you can just drag and drop files but there is a program made by SOTI called Pocket Controller Pro. this program will not only let you copy cabs and other files to your ppc using wifi but it will also let you remotely control your ppc using your computer with wifi

by remotely controlling i mean you can use your mouse as a stylus and where ever you click on your computers screen it will register as a tap on the PPC's touch screen

i think it also works with bluetooth although i have never tried that
Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedninja View Post
first you need to enable wifi on your ppc and enter the wep or wpa key

im pretty sure your pc will not be able to see your PPC as a drive or folder where you can just drag and drop files but there is a program made by SOTI called Pocket Controller Pro. this program will not only let you copy cabs and other files to your ppc using wifi but it will also let you remotely control your ppc using your computer with wifi

by remotely controlling i mean you can use your mouse as a stylus and where ever you click on your computers screen it will register as a tap on the PPC's touch screen

i think it also works with bluetooth although i have never tried that
Yeah there is a simular program that is free. I dont think it lets you move stuff around but it lets you control and view your PPC through your PC. Here is the link.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14375
Old 01-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Telus Mobility

sshearer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to sshearer
View PPC from PC via wireless network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
...how can I set up my PC to see my PPC on a wireless network? Can it be done, and if so, what is the setup process? ...
The reason your PCs are able to see some portion of each other's hard drives is because you've told Windows to 'Share this folder', and in doing so, you've also started a 'service' on the PC which turns it into a 'server'.

To do something similar with the PPC, you'd need a file-sharing-service running on it.

While I don't know of one, a possible alternative would be to install some flavour of an FTP server - probably a TFTP server.

Unfortunately, I don't know of one at this point - but maybe someone has already investigated this and has a solution ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development