PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   View PPC from PC via wireless network (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15218)

GaMedic 01-03-2008 08:28 PM

View PPC from PC via wireless network

OK, thanks to the questions by Sarge, USMC about networks and the PPC. I was introduced to the fact that I could get to folders on my home PC and move cabs, sounds and other things over WIFI instead of having to hook up to my computer with my USB. Cool thing to be able to do. Pretty simple thing that I do with my PC's at home already. I have a wireless network that is accessed by 4 CPU's, TIVO,PSP and an XBOX 360. I had not thought about including my PPC in the network, duh. Now my question is how can I set up my PC to see my PPC on a wireless network? Can it be done, and if so, what is the setup process? I really have doubts that I can view my PPC on my computer and share files like I do with the other PC's on my network. Just trying to find something else to play with since I have my phone pretty much the way I want it. I would like to say thank you to Helmi and the rest of the kitchen team for all they do. I have had so much fun tweaking with the tools you guys have provided. Thanks to tierman as well for some cool apps he has developed. Happy New Year.

piratedninja 01-03-2008 09:01 PM

first you need to enable wifi on your ppc and enter the wep or wpa key

im pretty sure your pc will not be able to see your PPC as a drive or folder where you can just drag and drop files but there is a program made by SOTI called Pocket Controller Pro. this program will not only let you copy cabs and other files to your ppc using wifi but it will also let you remotely control your ppc using your computer with wifi

by remotely controlling i mean you can use your mouse as a stylus and where ever you click on your computers screen it will register as a tap on the PPC's touch screen

i think it also works with bluetooth although i have never tried that

GaMedic 01-04-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratedninja (Post 154105)
first you need to enable wifi on your ppc and enter the wep or wpa key

im pretty sure your pc will not be able to see your PPC as a drive or folder where you can just drag and drop files but there is a program made by SOTI called Pocket Controller Pro. this program will not only let you copy cabs and other files to your ppc using wifi but it will also let you remotely control your ppc using your computer with wifi

by remotely controlling i mean you can use your mouse as a stylus and where ever you click on your computers screen it will register as a tap on the PPC's touch screen

i think it also works with bluetooth although i have never tried that

Yeah there is a simular program that is free. I dont think it lets you move stuff around but it lets you control and view your PPC through your PC. Here is the link.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14375

sshearer 01-06-2008 07:08 PM

View PPC from PC via wireless network

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ga. Medic (Post 154090)
...how can I set up my PC to see my PPC on a wireless network? Can it be done, and if so, what is the setup process? ...

The reason your PCs are able to see some portion of each other's hard drives is because you've told Windows to 'Share this folder', and in doing so, you've also started a 'service' on the PC which turns it into a 'server'.

To do something similar with the PPC, you'd need a file-sharing-service running on it.

While I don't know of one, a possible alternative would be to install some flavour of an FTP server - probably a TFTP server.

Unfortunately, I don't know of one at this point - but maybe someone has already investigated this and has a solution ?