PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None anymore
Carrier: Sprint

MeginTx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Photo Contacts Pro annoyance

Ok, I'm messing around with a trial version of Photo Contacts Pro with a ROM I cooked with helmi_c based kitchen (and everyone who worked on that... it frakking ROCKS).

I really like a bunch of the features on the PCP... but there's a little annoyance I want to find out if anyone else is having... whenever a call is terminated (doesn't matter if I called out or someone called in, whether I end the call or they do) I get a dialog box with "DoModal() Error #4". This does not appear to affect the performance of the phone, PCP, or anything else. I just have to click OK.

But, I'm hesitant to purchase the software not knowing if this is a trial version issue, if it's a problem caused by running WM6 on the Apache, if it's just my phone, etc. If it is a known thing that will go away with the paid version, I'm impressed enough to buy PCP (unless someone can suggest another product that has full screen photos when calls ring, one hand dialing, and the automatic profile thing that reads from my PIM if I'm in a meeting and sets my phone automatically to vibrate and then puts it back when the meeting's over). If it's not going to go away, I'm going to continue my search for another product.

thanks in advance for any input!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

bjhotch is a n00b
I've been running PCP5 for 8+ months and I've never seen that errror.

Brian
Old 01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Never had that problem on WM5, but haven't reloaded on WM6 yet.

...now if only PCP would be less of a pig w/ today screen real estate...
Old 01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MeginTx is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Never had that problem on WM5, but haven't reloaded on WM6 yet.

...now if only PCP would be less of a pig w/ today screen real estate...
True... is there another program that has similar features?
Old 01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I haven't found a replacement for the call history on today screen feature. Everything else can be readily achieved using other packages. You can find apps that show the most recent (1) missed call, but none that show multiple calls (and it's the only one that shows thumb pics of missed callers, to my knowledge).
Old 01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MeginTx is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I haven't found a replacement for the call history on today screen feature. Everything else can be readily achieved using other packages. You can find apps that show the most recent (1) missed call, but none that show multiple calls (and it's the only one that shows thumb pics of missed callers, to my knowledge).
Oh, the features I like from PCP are the large photos of the incoming callers while the phone is ringing; the profile/ringer management (individual/group ringers); the easy dialing (large button) arrangement; and the auto profile feature that puts the phone into a meeting profile when there's a meeting on your calendar. I couldn't care less about the last call log with the pics.

The only other one I've found so far is SPB Phone, and it seems to have the ringer/profile & auto meeting profile, but it's not clear if it has the easy dialing feature and it's clear it does not have the large photo of the incoming caller. I may uninstall PCP and give it a trial run, though.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Deep Thinker

I don't call that many people, so I use spb mobile shell for easy dialing (clickable thumb pics).
Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

Ese Joker is a n00b
sorry if this isnt da proper place 2 ask this question but i was wondering if any of these programs allow u 2 set a ringtone 4 dat person but not only sounds when they call but when they "txt" i know of cheaper phones dat have this feature & pissed off dat our mogul cant
Samsung Upstage
Treo 700
Moto SLVR
PPC-6700
PPC-6600
Samsung 940
Samsung 920
Samsung 800
Samsung 880
Treo 650
Sanyo 5500
Sanyo 8200
Treo 600
Sanyo 8100
Samsung VGA-1000
Old 02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Claro

migue2078 is a n00b
Ok, I'm messing around with a trial version of Photo Contacts Pro with a ROM I cooked with helmi_c based kitchen (and everyone who worked on that... it frakking ROCKS).

I really like a bunch of the features on the PCP... but there's a little annoyance I want to find out if anyone else is having... whenever a call is terminated (doesn't matter if I called out or someone called in, whether I end the call or they do) I get a dialog box with "DoModal() Error #4". This does not appear to affect the performance of the phone, PCP, or anything else. I just have to click OK.

But, I'm hesitant to purchase the software not knowing if this is a trial version issue, if it's a problem caused by running WM6 on the Apache, if it's just my phone, etc. If it is a known thing that will go away with the paid version, I'm impressed enough to buy PCP (unless someone can suggest another product that has full screen photos when calls ring, one hand dialing, and the automatic profile thing that reads from my PIM if I'm in a meeting and sets my phone automatically to vibrate and then puts it back when the meeting's over). If it's not going to go away, I'm going to continue my search for another product.

thanks in advance for any input!

So complete as the Photo Contact, it is a bit difficult to get, since I have been trying with several (Included the Vito Funcontact and other similar programs) and the truth is enough the difference.

Edit: Please don't advertise warez - luv2chill

Last edited by luv2chill; 02-07-2008 at 07:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development