PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Photo Contacts Pro annoyance (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15188)

MeginTx 01-03-2008 02:11 PM

Photo Contacts Pro annoyance

Ok, I'm messing around with a trial version of Photo Contacts Pro with a ROM I cooked with helmi_c based kitchen (and everyone who worked on that... it frakking ROCKS).

I really like a bunch of the features on the PCP... but there's a little annoyance I want to find out if anyone else is having... whenever a call is terminated (doesn't matter if I called out or someone called in, whether I end the call or they do) I get a dialog box with "DoModal() Error #4". This does not appear to affect the performance of the phone, PCP, or anything else. I just have to click OK.

But, I'm hesitant to purchase the software not knowing if this is a trial version issue, if it's a problem caused by running WM6 on the Apache, if it's just my phone, etc. If it is a known thing that will go away with the paid version, I'm impressed enough to buy PCP (unless someone can suggest another product that has full screen photos when calls ring, one hand dialing, and the automatic profile thing that reads from my PIM if I'm in a meeting and sets my phone automatically to vibrate and then puts it back when the meeting's over). If it's not going to go away, I'm going to continue my search for another product.

thanks in advance for any input!

bjhotch 01-03-2008 05:07 PM

I've been running PCP5 for 8+ months and I've never seen that errror.

Brian

gguruusa 01-03-2008 06:14 PM

Never had that problem on WM5, but haven't reloaded on WM6 yet.

...now if only PCP would be less of a pig w/ today screen real estate...

MeginTx 01-07-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 154014)
Never had that problem on WM5, but haven't reloaded on WM6 yet.

...now if only PCP would be less of a pig w/ today screen real estate...

True... is there another program that has similar features?

gguruusa 01-07-2008 04:21 PM

I haven't found a replacement for the call history on today screen feature. Everything else can be readily achieved using other packages. You can find apps that show the most recent (1) missed call, but none that show multiple calls (and it's the only one that shows thumb pics of missed callers, to my knowledge).

MeginTx 01-07-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 156612)
I haven't found a replacement for the call history on today screen feature. Everything else can be readily achieved using other packages. You can find apps that show the most recent (1) missed call, but none that show multiple calls (and it's the only one that shows thumb pics of missed callers, to my knowledge).

Oh, the features I like from PCP are the large photos of the incoming callers while the phone is ringing; the profile/ringer management (individual/group ringers); the easy dialing (large button) arrangement; and the auto profile feature that puts the phone into a meeting profile when there's a meeting on your calendar. I couldn't care less about the last call log with the pics. ;-)

The only other one I've found so far is SPB Phone, and it seems to have the ringer/profile & auto meeting profile, but it's not clear if it has the easy dialing feature and it's clear it does not have the large photo of the incoming caller. I may uninstall PCP and give it a trial run, though.

gguruusa 01-07-2008 09:00 PM

I don't call that many people, so I use spb mobile shell for easy dialing (clickable thumb pics).

Ese Joker 02-07-2008 01:13 PM

:joker: sorry if this isnt da proper place 2 ask this question but i was wondering if any of these programs allow u 2 set a ringtone 4 dat person but not only sounds when they call but when they "txt" i know of cheaper phones dat have this feature & pissed off dat our mogul cant

migue2078 02-07-2008 04:56 PM

Ok, I'm messing around with a trial version of Photo Contacts Pro with a ROM I cooked with helmi_c based kitchen (and everyone who worked on that... it frakking ROCKS).

I really like a bunch of the features on the PCP... but there's a little annoyance I want to find out if anyone else is having... whenever a call is terminated (doesn't matter if I called out or someone called in, whether I end the call or they do) I get a dialog box with "DoModal() Error #4". This does not appear to affect the performance of the phone, PCP, or anything else. I just have to click OK.

But, I'm hesitant to purchase the software not knowing if this is a trial version issue, if it's a problem caused by running WM6 on the Apache, if it's just my phone, etc. If it is a known thing that will go away with the paid version, I'm impressed enough to buy PCP (unless someone can suggest another product that has full screen photos when calls ring, one hand dialing, and the automatic profile thing that reads from my PIM if I'm in a meeting and sets my phone automatically to vibrate and then puts it back when the meeting's over). If it's not going to go away, I'm going to continue my search for another product.

thanks in advance for any input!

So complete as the Photo Contact, it is a bit difficult to get, since I have been trying with several (Included the Vito Funcontact and other similar programs) and the truth is enough the difference.

Edit: Please don't advertise warez - luv2chill