PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Kitchen and Youtube access?

Has anyone been able to get youtube videos to play using the selections from the new kitchen?

It appears the right version of TCPMP is included in the kitchen, and I believe I chose the right java codec pack. Unfortunately I only get errors when loading videos from youtube. I've tried reinstalling TCPMP and the "FlashVideoBundle" cab over the existing install. That hasn't helped.

If anyone's been able to install the new kitchen and view youtube or google videos - I'd appreciate knowing the correct kitchen selections and application steps.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
No issues for me. It's worked in every rom since using the new kitchen.
I've attached my selection file.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply! I checked your file, and while I'm at work - it seems like I made the applicable similar selections (esmertec java and the Flash video bundle). I'll have to confirm when I get home. Otherwise, hopefully I'll get a chance to reflash this week.

While I was visiting family over break, I realized it would be nice to have readily available entertainment like youtube.

So you just open up IE, type in www.youtube.com - select a video, and TCPMP opens and plays? Actually, unless I'm blind, I don't see TCPMP in your list of selections. Do you install that separately?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
TCPMP is a requirement of the flash video bundle, so if it's selected then TCPMP will be added with it.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

seawilli is a n00b
TCPMP is just listed as CORE under programs. At least on mine it is. I search and downloaded just the Flash Bundle and I still get error saying that either jave is disabled or I do not have flash player. What I used was from the youtube/googe video thread update?? Any thoughts cuase I don't feel like flashing my phone again.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
So you just open up IE, type in www.youtube.com - select a video, and TCPMP opens and plays? Actually, unless I'm blind, I don't see TCPMP in your list of selections. Do you install that separately?
This works for me.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
Thanks for the reply! I checked your file, and while I'm at work - it seems like I made the applicable similar selections (esmertec java and the Flash video bundle). I'll have to confirm when I get home. Otherwise, hopefully I'll get a chance to reflash this week.

While I was visiting family over break, I realized it would be nice to have readily available entertainment like youtube.

What tiermann said.
Because I selected FlashVideoBundle in the kitchen, it adds TCPMP.
When I click on a video on youtube, I get a pop-up menu w/ the option to "Play Video" "Save Video" or "Linked Page".

Is there any chance those of you having issues are using an older OEM?
I would start by making sure you have the latest kitchen files and PPCGeeksOEM.rar package.
Check to make sure that your FlashVideoBundle is #ffffffff-01b6-4c37-8c35-4b70df6a7d3d
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info - I'm going to reflash this weekend. I know others have had these same issues from searching the forums, but hadn't had confirmation that it was supposed to work with the new kitchen. I must have an old oem, so I'll reflash with your selections.

Thanks again.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I just wanted to thank you guys again, I reflashed my phone with the OEM's listed above - and everything's working great. I appreciate the selections by Fast RX8.

I'm now curious what other flash video sites work, I know I've seen a list before. I'll do some research.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Lurker

Sparky2 is a n00b
I have the latest ROM and the Flash Video Bundle mentioned above in post #7. I always get an error of "YouTube swf args not found." Forgetting all of the "swf" jokes, what am I doing wrong? I tried getting to YouTube from the "Video Sites" icon in Programs and directly by typing in YouTube.com in the address bar. After clicking on the video, I get the little menu and I select "play video." That is when the error shows up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development