PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radio upgrade question

I just built a WM 6.1 rom and flashed my ppc-6700. Thanks to those who put hard work into buiding the kitchen. I have a question about updating the radio. I currently have version 1.27. If I upgrade the radio to 1.43, will it effect my phone activation?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Radio upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
I just built a WM 6.1 rom and flashed my ppc-6700. Thanks to those who put hard work into buiding the kitchen. I have a question about updating the radio. I currently have version 1.27. If I upgrade the radio to 1.43, will it effect my phone activation?
No.
However I can tell you from experience that 1.41 is more stable on our devices. I used the 1.43 radio for a few days before I had to hard reset my device. When I did so (not because of the radio) I reinstalled 1.41 and have been the happier for it.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I have a sprint ppc-6700. I downloaded the phoenix06 1.41 all carriers radio rom. Will that one work okay or did you get a different radio rom?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Reliance

raju_a is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to raju_a

Is your new WM 6.1 ROM working properly is the handset stable. If yes can u share the ROM. I have a WM 6 rom is pathetic and unstable. Also it does not allow me to downgrade to WM 5.

regards

Raj
Old 08-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I am still testing the rom with all of the components. I just used the basic Apache_LennySh_19213 for the kitchen. I just found out after reading through all of the posts and trying myself, the utility for the radio update does not work with WM 6.1. Is there any other way to update the radio while running WM 6.1? I flashed back to the sprint rom and tried to upgrade the radio but it tells the that the country code is wrong.

Last edited by ElAguila; 08-05-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 AM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I have a sprint ppc-6700. I downloaded the phoenix06 1.41 all carriers radio rom. Will that one work okay or did you get a different radio rom?
That is the same radio ROM that I am/was using.
I did find that at one point I had to flash back to the stock ROM- I think that it had more to do with the fact that the 1.43 radio was messing with things. I then upgraded to 1.41 and then flashed my WM6.1 ROM. Takes a few extra minutes (and make sure to unlock and clear your extROM afterwards if you do this) but is worth the effort.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
The Source of Power

Quote:
I am still testing the rom with all of the components. I just used the basic Apache_LennySh_19213 for the kitchen. I just found out after reading through all of the posts and trying myself, the utility for the radio update does not work with WM 6.1. Is there any other way to update the radio while running WM 6.1? I flashed back to the sprint rom and tried to upgrade the radio but it tells the that the country code is wrong.
I have been able to flash my radio ROM while using 6.0 and 6.1 ROMs. The difference is in which radio ROM you are using. I found that 1.43 radio didn't like to be downgraded. [see my above post]
Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I flashed back to the sprint rom which has radio 1.27. Then I tried to flash the radio rom to 1.41 and it gives that error still. I can't figure out what is going on.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:45 AM
The Source of Power

Quote:
I flashed back to the sprint rom which has radio 1.27. Then I tried to flash the radio rom to 1.41 and it gives that error still. I can't figure out what is going on.
Are you using the Phoenix radio upgrade while still using the OEM ROM? [I did find it helpful to put my device in BootLoader before the radio flash, even though it isn't required. I think that it bypasses the part of the RUU that identifies which BL you are using and then activates it.]
Try flashing to an AKU 7 WM5 ROM and then flash the radio. You should then be able to go back to using a WM6/6.1 ROM without affecting the radio.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I am giving up on it. I tried with the sprint rom installed, then I flashed to aku 7 and kirvins build and it would not update the radio in either of those. I am just going to leave it as is. I have flashed so many times since yesterday evening that I am now to frustrated to mess with it. I get either wrong country code or this is not for this device. I am stumped. I have never had an issues quite like this. If I use the updater that downloads with the updated radio in the rar file it says the rom is not made for my device. If I use the updater that comes with the ppc kitchen(which I know works because I used it to flash my rom) I get an error saying the country code is wrong to download the correct rom.

Last edited by ElAguila; 08-05-2008 at 01:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development