PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Apache has arrived......

It don't have a USB cable tho. It's got the docking cradle........will that work for upgrading and such, or do I need the USB device cable?

I've been reading a lot...and I have a question about something I find ambiguous. Once upgraded to WM6, will Active Sync function or not? I need the ability to synchronize contacts.

I suppose I'll be attempting the upgrade soon enough here.......
Old 12-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ddaann78 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to ddaann78
if you have sprint ppc-6700 you will run into a problem with your receiving picture mail. when you open you link it will not direct you to the proper web link like the stock windows mobile 5... i upgraded to wm6 and had poblems opening my mail...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No, this one is the VZW XV6700
Old 12-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
i have used the mini usb from my wifes camera and it works fine. i assume any miniusb will work. i have upgraded to wm6 and use activesync. it works for the most part. But from time to time it will need to restart my computer and make sure the ppc is unlocked and on in order to connect and sync. i always unhook my ppc then close down activesync on my pc. but if i close activesync then unhook i ahve to restart the computer for it to connect
Old 12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
oh and do not forget to activate the phone with VZ before you upgrade.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I don't have any problems connecting at all. I just plug the usb and go. Make sure you download Active Sync 4.5 or newer version. I believe 4.5 is the newest. As for your "docking station" it should work if it plugs into your computer via USB port. I just removed the cable and plugged to the phone. I don't use the cradle at all. The whole weight of the phone is supported by the USB port. Super bad design so I don't use it. I think just about any mini usb cord will work. Mine from my camera works as well.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggaeta View Post
oh and do not forget to activate the phone with VZ before you upgrade.
Ok, here's the deal. This thing is my phone but it's getting activated on work's plan. I can't activate it...they won't give me the keys to the car, so to speak. It's a sore spot with me.......without going into detail tho....so I have to wait until Jan 2nd to get it turned on.

I wanna ask a question about VZW activation here if I could? I know it's off topic, but it goes along with your post.

I'm giving a used phone as a gift tomorrow, and we'll need to swap out her existing phone. I don't know if she's setup her account on the VZW website. We may have to do that tomorrow as well. Once setup, she can swap via the web, right? I know dik about VZW.....my phones are Nextel.

I've been reading about different keypad codes......is there something I need to do to finalize the transaction from the phone itself once we finish on the website? I've posted elsewhere asking about keypad codes and functions, but I haven't had a response yet.

Sorry for being off topic.

Thx.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Once she updates via inernet or phone, whichever she does, just dial *228 then option 2. I always dial *22899 because it is an automatic process that does option 1 and 2 together. They will probably instruct her on exactly which one to do during activation, they always do.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank Yew!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development